How to post a video

Tony72

Trying to post a video of my sprinter engine as it’s just had its cylinder head done and I would like some advice on how it sounds ( it appears to be knocking). How do I do as I can’t see an option to post videos?

Happy29

2020 2500 OM642 4x2 170HR
You can only post a link to a video hosted somewhere, like YouTube or Vimeo. They don't allow videos to be directly uploaded to the forum.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Google drive???
Simply YouTube is far better than Google Drive.
The forum software knows how to handle a YouTube link (including the youtu-be flavor) ... simply upload the video to you tube (you can make it "private" so that only people "knowing the link" can view it ... if you wish)
and then place the link to it in your posting. The forum software will automagically create the snapshot and play-ability.

The next line in this posting is the youtube URL for this video:

The forum doesn't quite know how to handle "shorts":

Using Google Drive makes your video a 2-or-3-click (and page) ordeal to finally be viewed.
Using YouTube (and probably Vimeo and the others) makes it clickable/embedded in the message.

If the video can be zipped to less than 30 megabytes, the resulting .zip file can be "attached" (button below the edit window) to a posting.

--dick

Last edited:

Top Bottom