Indicator issues on 09 5 ton model

I am having issues with my right turn indicator flashing fast and reporting an error on the dash. The front lights are working but the rear ones are getting no power. I am also experiencing problems with the wipers not seating back to original position or staying on whilst raining. Is this a relay issue or the stalk itself?

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
Assuming all the bulbs are good.. the wiring to the rear light boards that clip inside the lamp housings can easily be strained if someone is careless replacing a bulb, especially where the wires enter the strip connector. I've you've got a meter verify that there's voltage at the wire end for the indicator signal before it goes into the connector. If there is voltage but the bulb isn't illuminating try gently wiggling the wire terminals in the strip connector / look closely at the terminals for any sign of corrosion / green crustiness. If there isn't any voltage it's a case of working your way back. If it's a panel / cargo van in particular looking at the condition of the loom as it travels along the load space conduit (which is often knocked off / damaged / missing in action).

There are full wiring diagrams in the database section.

Thanks, it is actually a mellor coach build on a sprinter chassis so all the rear lights are plug in led. Checked the voltage and nothing so am gonna have to work my way back I suppose!

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
As it is a coach I'm assuming it is built on a cab/chassis rather then a conventional panel van, correct?

If so it is likely to be the same as my coachbuilt MH and the wiring runs along the Left Hand chassis rail with a junction box at the end of the original chassis if the chassis has been extended for a longer body.

Keith.

It is built on a chassis and is just grp from the cab back. I have checked all the fuses and changed the wiper/turn signal relays. No power to the LEDs or the junction box where the chassis is extended. Will check the head light today for any shorts but think it may be the multifunction stalk now. Thanks for the tips.

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Don't forget this could also be a ground issue. Especially as I have just re-read your OP and see you also have a wiper issue.

Thanks. I have checked the ground between engine and chassis and found a small ground wire between the wiring loom and chassis rail just before the cab by the tank. Both seem fine. Is there another one nearer the rear that I am missing? Will keep looking.

So bought two relays and a new multifunction stalk which didn't solve anything. So went through every ground point I could find, checked them and replaced them which sorted the wiper issue. Then went back through the connections underneath and found a wire that was just hanging on by a bit of insulation near the junction box at the back near the extension. Massive thank you Cheyenne for the suggestions. Got there in the end.

Top Bottom