tomtom

maxextz

Rollin Rollin Rollin.....
can your sprinter swim?then dan.:lol:i would like homer or bender telling me where to go.

maxextz

Rollin Rollin Rollin.....
i love the tomtom i just bought one last week:smilewink:.i used to have a garmin but that thing was crazy:thumbdown: it took about 15 seconds to start up then another 20 odd to find any satellites and then it couldn't find anything i put in so id resort to using the map.:idunno:

but when i tried the tomtom it works great :bow: it starts really quick and when you type in an address it finds it....:hmmm:imagine that......ted.
tomtom love here we come.
max.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94iGhJneIsQ

Last edited:

Mrdi

Played with a Garmin and a TomTom in a Target outlet the other day.
Garmin seemd more intuitive, but if it is slow...
It won't work for me.
Any other comments?

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
Slow can be a big problem... when you're walking in dense fog... close to and towards the edge of the bluff....

avid

Saphira's rider
My next gps will the be iPad 3G running someone's navigation software. Having said that the map tool on an iPad is killer in size, capabilities and speed. GPS makers should be scared, very scared.

Amboman

With any GPS one should take into consideration that there is several factors & parts.

1. The GPS system which is controlled by the U.S. Department of Defense
2. The mapping system
3. The interface between the two and the results output
4. Weather pattterns or location of the recipient GPs can be affected in many ways

jmoller99

Own a DAD ODB2 Unit.
I use a TomTom as well. Occasionally the GPS will take you to the wrong place, so its good to have a knowledge of where you are headed generally. My sisters house is in the middle of a bunch or cornfields 15 miles from Rockford Illinois - the GPS takes me right to her driveway, so its most often the best tool for the job (I could never find it on my own). I often have to enter Long/Latt coordinates (I get them off of Google Earth) to pick the places I drive to in the Colorado mountains - The TomTom has obscure 4WD trails included.

My only gripe about the TomTom is that if you upload an updated map, you lose all of the 'favorite' locations that you entered. Re-entering them can be a pain.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
I use a TomTom as well. Occasionally the GPS will take you to the wrong place, so its good to have a knowledge of where you are headed generally. My sisters house is in the middle of a bunch or cornfields 15 miles from Rockford Illinois - the GPS takes me right to her driveway, so its most often the best tool for the job (I could never find it on my own). I often have to enter Long/Latt coordinates (I get them off of Google Earth) to pick the places I drive to in the Colorado mountains - The TomTom has obscure 4WD trails included.

My only gripe about the TomTom is that if you upload an updated map, you lose all of the 'favorite' locations that you entered. Re-entering them can be a pain.
Latest Tom tom rely on US staelites no dedicated to off tracks.
Map updates do not delete your older settings you can customize your own vehicle ... Train road cross overs don't show either.
fuel 028 (Custom) copy.jpg
solution buy a dedicated GPS that covers all off roads including tracks to the farmhouse out house.
:rolleyes:

shortshort

Dis member
I replaced my Garmin with a Garmin. Still not impressed with the route selection algorithm. If you don't preview the route to look for obvious errors you are likely to waste time going 10 miles on a frontage road 10' from the freeway. How does tomtom do with that?

NormL

What Garmin do you have? I have several of the 1490T's and they work great, you don't have it in shortest route do you? That is, as opposed to quickest.

Top Bottom