google ads timing out?

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Just now (including on this page) i'm getting "unresponsive" messages from Chrome.
The Sprinter content comes through just fine, but every page/thread i open gets the pop-up
Here's a selection from three pages, including the one popping up every few seconds here:

1657847740148.png

thought you'd like to know...

--dick

3Play

I just had a bout of slow, or no loading pages, not just here, maybe a big hiccup. I changed states with my VPN a couple times and it got better,
maybe not related though.....

sikwan

06 Tin Can
I'm on brave, which is similar to chrome, but I don't see it like you do. Maybe I don't have a popup set up like you do?

On some occasions, the forum pages load, but the favicon on the browser tab doesn't finalize (kind of like what you're seeing, but no popups).

autostaretx

Erratic Member
In chrome, the icon two to the left of the URL field is both the spinning-circle "loading" and (once in) the "reload" button.
If tapped during the loading it ceases the load and shows an X (click to cancel load).

During the pop-up message, it self-ceases the load and awaits my input (wait/exit).
If i were to choose Exit (which i haven't done yet), i get an automatic attempt at reload.
IF i click Wait (or tap Enter, since it's the default) the "loading" spinning circle resumes...

(the symptom seems to have ceased for the moment ... but i did get 2 or 3 of the pop-ups during the typing of the first sentence above)

--dick

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Some of the ads have running scripts that do not terminate (bad programming). I think it's been like this forever. It depends on the ads and google doesn't have time checking bad ads like how apple verifies new apps in its app system.

I have blocked some before because it would load down the server.

3Play

I also use brave and block all gargle scripts, I only let the "Sprinter source" script run, but have to approve it for every page...

Top Bottom