Will this scanner suffice?

marklg

No, that is a generic scanner, not so useful for all the sprinter systems. It may even send you off on a wild goose chase with wrong descriptions of codes, depending on the app.

As Fourbye asked, what Sprinter do you have? Some scanners are better for some models.

In general the AP200 or the Thinkdiag are very capable for App / Phone based scanners.

Regards,

Mark

Jades

DIY'er: 2007 Sprinter, 136k miles
No, that is a generic scanner, not so useful for all the sprinter systems. It may even send you off on a wild goose chase with wrong descriptions of codes, depending on the app.

As Fourbye asked, what Sprinter do you have? Some scanners are better for some models.

In general the AP200 or the Thinkdiag are very capable for App / Phone based scanners.

Regards,

Mark
I edited posting after Fourbye's response with sprinter details -- do you need more info? It's 2007, so NCV3.

Last edited:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
The older T1Ns are "friendlier" with simple scanners.
When the NCV3 came out (and people migrated to that model), the number of wild-goose-chase reports increased dramatically, even with scanners that were migrated from the owner's T1Ns.

For a stand-alone scanner, the Autel MP 808 (multi-system) works well with an NCV3. Mid-$200
The cheaper ($75?) Autel AP200 (requires cell phone for display/buttons) requires Cell Service when first turned on (each time!), so don't help when you're "off the net". Choose "Benz_Sprinter" as your "free" download model.

--dick

Jades

DIY'er: 2007 Sprinter, 136k miles
Thanks, Dick. That’s a good overview. I regret not having gotten a T1N and will try to find one for my next conversion.

Top Bottom