Fiamma F80S Install Video

Oilyhands

I made a video to show how to install a Fiamma F80S awning onto OEM roof rails. Hopefully it will help someone else tackling the same project. Overall, it’s a pretty easy install!

Fiamma F80S Installation Video
Great job on the video. I installed mine last year. Having a helper lift the awning up was essential for me. I tried using the “safety screw” as a self tapper…. It snapped…. A pilot hole probably would have been smart. I did spray the brackets black before installing…. You’re never sure who might check to see if things are color matched!

Nomaddict

Great job on the video. I installed mine last year. Having a helper lift the awning up was essential for me. I tried using the “safety screw” as a self tapper…. It snapped…. A pilot hole probably would have been smart. I did spray the brackets black before installing…. You’re never sure who might check to see if things are color matched!
Hey thanks for the tip on the safety screws! I was wondering about those! And I wish I had painted the brackets black also… They show too much! Maybe someday…

dust999

Great video, thx. I had the same questions re the support stickers not lining up with the brackets on the sprinter. Did not really get a great answer back from fiamma. So, am finding that the awning housing is twisting a bit at the front end when I extend the awning out, fair amount of creaking happening as well. Trying to keep the distance without legs to a minimum, but am a bit concerned re damage to the casing.

Like the tanner rack, thx for that in your video, am looking for a rack that can work with the f80s. I have 2 awning, driver and passenger. Need to see how they work the supports.

Nomaddict

Great video, thx. I had the same questions re the support stickers not lining up with the brackets on the sprinter. Did not really get a great answer back from fiamma. So, am finding that the awning housing is twisting a bit at the front end when I extend the awning out, fair amount of creaking happening as well. Trying to keep the distance without legs to a minimum, but am a bit concerned re damage to the casing.

Like the tanner rack, thx for that in your video, am looking for a rack that can work with the f80s. I have 2 awning, driver and passenger. Need to see how they work the supports.
Thanks! I posted some pics on Instagram of the rack / awning, but let me know if you want any close-ups of anything. I may do a video review of the rack soon. Instagram: nomaddict_sprinter

Top Bottom