Fiamma F80S Install Video

Oilyhands

I made a video to show how to install a Fiamma F80S awning onto OEM roof rails. Hopefully it will help someone else tackling the same project. Overall, it’s a pretty easy install!

Fiamma F80S Installation Video
Great job on the video. I installed mine last year. Having a helper lift the awning up was essential for me. I tried using the “safety screw” as a self tapper…. It snapped…. A pilot hole probably would have been smart. I did spray the brackets black before installing…. You’re never sure who might check to see if things are color matched!

Nomaddict

Great job on the video. I installed mine last year. Having a helper lift the awning up was essential for me. I tried using the “safety screw” as a self tapper…. It snapped…. A pilot hole probably would have been smart. I did spray the brackets black before installing…. You’re never sure who might check to see if things are color matched!
Hey thanks for the tip on the safety screws! I was wondering about those! And I wish I had painted the brackets black also… They show too much! Maybe someday…

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
With you guys on spray painting the mounts black... regretting not doing that!

dust999

Great video, thx. I had the same questions re the support stickers not lining up with the brackets on the sprinter. Did not really get a great answer back from fiamma. So, am finding that the awning housing is twisting a bit at the front end when I extend the awning out, fair amount of creaking happening as well. Trying to keep the distance without legs to a minimum, but am a bit concerned re damage to the casing.

Like the tanner rack, thx for that in your video, am looking for a rack that can work with the f80s. I have 2 awning, driver and passenger. Need to see how they work the supports.

Nomaddict

Great video, thx. I had the same questions re the support stickers not lining up with the brackets on the sprinter. Did not really get a great answer back from fiamma. So, am finding that the awning housing is twisting a bit at the front end when I extend the awning out, fair amount of creaking happening as well. Trying to keep the distance without legs to a minimum, but am a bit concerned re damage to the casing.

Like the tanner rack, thx for that in your video, am looking for a rack that can work with the f80s. I have 2 awning, driver and passenger. Need to see how they work the supports.
Thanks! I posted some pics on Instagram of the rack / awning, but let me know if you want any close-ups of anything. I may do a video review of the rack soon. Instagram: nomaddict_sprinter

Top Bottom