USA
Contact Info
USA
Price
Any
Firm/OBO/Auction
or Best Offer
Mileage on item
Looking for a surfboard mounting solution for my 2022 Revel.
I saw a few along the driver side/exterior which looked awesome in San Diego.
I cannot find them anywhere and have looked far and wide.
Anything would be awesome.
Thanks,

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
Looking for a surfboard mounting solution for my 2022 Revel.
I saw a few along the driver side/exterior which looked awesome in San Diego.
I cannot find them anywhere and have looked far and wide.
Anything would be awesome.
Thanks,
Looked far and wide? Really?
Did you try that newfangled google thing?

Hard to believe it’s that hard to find surf racks for a sprinter other than maybe a wait after ordering.
I found in 4 seconds.
Have you looked at Aluminess or Van Speed? And there are others.

Last edited:

jpc1818

Thanks for the reply.
Yes...far and wide.
Google is no help.....
In rereading my post, maybe i wasn't specific enough.
The rack i am searching for are "J hooks" that are ONLY connected to the roof rack, not down the entire side of the van.
I think the Alumniess ladder/tube option looks like crap.
May need to be custom.

jpc1818

Please explain what you are looking for. You want hooks on top of the rack or just hanging off the top?
Im looking for hooks/rack that connect to the rack on top, that goes down the drivers side (maybe 2-ft from the top).
Its basically like the ones available, just only connects to the top of the van/rack and does not go all of the way down the side of the van.
Similar to the VertiRack that seems to be out of business, just without the suction cups if possible.
Again, I saw one in San Diego on a Van, the guy had two longboards on it and it looked awesome.
Thanks,

Last edited:
Im looking for hooks/rack that connect to the rack on top, that goes down the drivers side (maybe 2-ft from the top).
Its basically like the ones available, just only connects to the top of the van/rack and does not go all of the way down the side of the van.
Similar to the VertiRack that seems to be out of business, just without the suction cups if possible.
Again, I saw one in San Diego on a Van, the guy had two longboards on it and it looked awesome.
Thanks,
Do you have a 144? Would you want a ladder? Might be hard to load and unload boards without one? So hooks like this: https://orionvangear.com/products/stealth-surfboard-hooks-pair but attached straight to the side of the rack.

Essentially this?
Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 8.58.50 AM.png

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
I’m thinking that those single attachment point outrigger J hooks would need some sort of lateral support if doing anything but slow speed around town driving.
Which is likely why most that you see attach top and bottom.
Several mos ago Somebody on this forum posted a diy set up hanging from the top with suction cups on the side, all constructed of 80/20 type extrusion.

jpc1818

Yes, that is pretty much what i saw, the hooks were probably 2X's thicker.
I am tall so don't need a ladder.
It would need to be able to keep the two boards stable @ highway speeds.
Putting together a cross country trip.
LMK if thats something you have.
Thanks,

Yes, that is pretty much what i saw, the hooks were probably 2X's thicker.
I am tall so don't need a ladder.
It would need to be able to keep the two boards stable @ highway speeds.
Putting together a cross country trip.
LMK if thats something you have.
Thanks,
We have locking cotter pins on the hooks so they would be secure. The hooks are meant to mount to a ladder and a single-pole but the back half of the bracket could just be removed and the clamp could be mounted to our rack. It would likely need a small extension block or bracket to clear the side of the van but that would be simple to make. If you are interested in chatting more about this and doing a prototype please email us hello@orionvangear.com and we can get this going. We could hopefully have it shipped by the end of the month.

Best,

jpc1818

We have locking cotter pins on the hooks so they would be secure. The hooks are meant to mount to a ladder and a single-pole but the back half of the bracket could just be removed and the clamp could be mounted to our rack. It would likely need a small extension block or bracket to clear the side of the van but that would be simple to make. If you are interested in chatting more about this and doing a prototype please email us hello@orionvangear.com and we can get this going. We could hopefully have it shipped by the end of the month.

Best,
Emailed you.
Thanks,

jimwdenney

Regarding reference to Vertirack in a prior reply the company is operating after an unfortunate hiatus, and the new company website is VertiRack.us, NOT .com. I just had a Vertirack installed on my Coachmen Galleria RV by the new company owner last week. The product is awesome, very high quality solution, easy to use, and the new owner Dan (prior owner passed in 2019) is great to deal with.Side view Vertirack.jpg

Last edited:

Top Bottom