[SF Bay Area] Semi functioning Kestner AC available

lvkas

Thanks to my great neighbor, we removed the AC with a forklift. @groyier's great write up and the westy repair manual helped a lot! To remove the flange, i used a hammer and a putty knife, working from inside the cut out, this way, I could remove the flange in one piece.To remove the caulk, I tried a few things, a glass scraper (i.e. a sharp, thin blade) on a low angle worked the best.
Leaves me with the Kestner AC. When I last tested it (beginning this year), it blew cold air. However it has 2 issues: (1) the top fan is not working and (2) the cover is missing (we covered the AC with a heavy duty tarp after it went missing).

If someone is interested, please reach out through direct message. I will dispose it otherwise. I attached two pictures. IMG_8699.JPGIMG_8700.JPG

Fredb

Where are you located in the Bay Area... I'm in SF and might be interested in cannibalizing some of the parts off of the unit you removed.... Would also be interested to understand what you went through to remove it.

Hi Ivkas,

Do you still have it? My roof AC is totally opposite compared to yours, it only blow fans but not cold air, I assume compressor went bad.

Pnwsquid

I have one in Western Washington available as well. Leeson upgraded motor, new compressor and receiver drier. Not sure what was wrong with it but got sick of wrenching.

Top Bottom