Goal Zero... an Option?

Fredb

Hmmm... Sounds like the idea of using batteries to power my AC may not be feasible. I guess the next question is whether anyone has replace the Onan generator that comes standard on our US Westies with something quieter and perhaps a bit more powerful/sophisticated. Should probably look through the various threads to see if there is a discussion on this topic, but will put it out here in case one of you 'inmates' has an answer or can point me to one.

Adolphus

Hmmm... Sounds like the idea of using batteries to power my AC may not be feasible. I guess the next question is whether anyone has replace the Onan generator that comes standard on our US Westies with something quieter and perhaps a bit more powerful/sophisticated. Should probably look through the various threads to see if there is a discussion on this topic, but will put it out here in case one of you 'inmates' has an answer or can point me to one.
Both autocamp and I have been independently successful running a Mach 8 ac using a Honda 2000 generator

Fredb

Adolphus,

That sounds like a good set up... a few questions.

Do you simply carry the 2000, with you (and if so, where? ) or did you mount it otherwise?
How did/do you make the connection to the Westy?
Did you remove the Onan and if so, what, if anything did you put in it's place?
And, of course, regarding the Mach 8, did you do the install or did you have someone do it for you? (I realize that's a separate conversation, but curious).

Adolphus

Adolphus,

That sounds like a good set up... a few questions.

Do you simply carry the 2000, with you (and if so, where? ) or did you mount it otherwise?
How did/do you make the connection to the Westy?
Did you remove the Onan and if so, what, if anything did you put in it's place?
And, of course, regarding the Mach 8, did you do the install or did you have someone do it for you? (I realize that's a separate conversation, but curious).
Use your search function for this forum “autocamp” and/or “Adolphus” to find build details

Top Bottom