Solar Panel Finally Installed

TrackSprinter

2016 Motovan Boondocker
Life dictated that after will-calling a residential solar panel from a warehouse in Ontario (L.A.) over 8 months ago, I would not get it installed until a week ago. Was able to test it out on a weeks trip to Zion. So far, so good!

Victron MPPT 100/30, Panasonic 325W PV panel, extruded aluminum frame.

Been relying on a Sterling 60A to keep the battery charged, or hooking up to my garage to recharge a depleted bank after sitting for 5-7days on a full time cooler. On this trip we used two Dometics. One cooler for drinks and one for food, worked out great. No more soggy food, and no more searching for ice! The bank always tops off by late morning after powering two coolers and the maxxair overnight, and heavy microwave/keurig use early in the morning. Never wanted to deal with the hassle of the cost and installation but obviously glad I finally did it.

Attachments

C-More

Nice job. I like the one large panel vs my three for same power.

I run an Engel built in fridge and a Dometic CFX3-75 on a slider. 300 watts solar and 200ah Lithium battery easily supports it except when under trees for a couple days etc.

Last edited:

TrackSprinter

2016 Motovan Boondocker
Nice job. I like the one large panel vs my three for same power.
thanks! yeah lots of pros/cons whichever direction we choose up there. i opted for the higher voltage from a single panel. and ultimately it was the largest capacity for the size constraint i was dealing with between the moonroof and the Penguin.

aksotar

2017 4x4 144 Cargo
I agree, a single, efficient panel instead of multiple smaller ones and the many connections required…
I have a SunPower 335W panel and the same MPPT.. Sterling 30a charger and also a Magnum charger/inverter…
I love not having to deal with ice !!

CF35DDDF-1108-4418-B58F-08E4094FEB3F.jpeg

Top Bottom