ever happen to anyone?

Ciprian

Spark Plugs not allowed!
Hopefully it is a fuse that you just missed. Like sik said, check all fuses under the seat AND under the steering column.

And remember, NEVER jump start a sprinter. If your battery goes dead, disconnect it and recharge it.

MiKeHD

Love PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
What is this expression ''jump star'' ??

blackheart

Cables from a good battery to a bad battery

called jump start

mendonsy

Check fuse #21 in fuse block 1 under the dash. 30 amp.
And..............
What is the reason you should not jump start the Sprinter??

Last edited:

MiKeHD

Love PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Seriously, for why don't jump star a sprinter ?

Ciprian

Spark Plugs not allowed!
What is the reason you should not jump start the Sprinter??
A sprinter is a computer on wheels. You run the risk of frying stuff by jump starting it. Dr. A can tell you more, just ask him.

mendonsy

A sprinter is a computer on wheels. You run the risk of frying stuff by jump starting it. Dr. A can tell you more, just ask him.
Which makes them no different than anything else on the road today.
Since the T1Ns were one of the first to go to all computer they are probably not as well protected as the newer models.
You run the risk of frying expensive stuff any time you mess with the electrical system.:popcorn:

Ciprian

Spark Plugs not allowed!
Go ahead and jumpstart your sprinter as much as you like. See if I care.

MiKeHD

Love PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
For my experience, is not the jumping star the probleme but the humidity...

sikwan

06 T1N Can
I have jumped my Sprinter with my porta-jumper.

You have to avoid the spark...

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showpost.php?p=75917&postcount=42

...don't forget to read the entire thread where the above post is located.

I don't think there's anything wrong with jumping it. When you're in the middle of nowhere, you don't have the luxury of pulling the battery and charging it. If you are going to do it, like any electrical item you encounter and/or work on, being sloppy will surely zap something.

Don't be sloppy, learn the right way of jumping a vehicle, and you and your Sprinter will be ok.

Hoppingmad

Sounds like we should be disconnecting the battery if we need to charge it . hat a pain in subzero weather, or anytime it needs a charge.

sailquik

Hi Hoppingmad,
I do not understand why it would be such a PITA to disconnect the battery, even in cold or sub freezing weather.
A 10 mm combination (box/open end) wrench on the clamp screw of the rear (negative (-)) terminal of the battery, a quick twist to get the clamp terminal off the battery post, and you have effectively disconnected the entire battery.
Reconnection is as simple as putting the clamp terminal back on the post and a couple of quick turns on the clamp nut (10 mm).
Shouldn't take more than a minute to connect or disconnect.
Taking the battery out and moving it indoors to charge would be a PITA, but I'm not sure you
would gain alot by doing that over simply running an entension cord to the front of the van and putting the charger under the hood while charging up the battery.
The plastic cover over the top of the T1N 5 cyl engine is flat enough and has clearance for most small battery
chargers.
Hope this helps,
Roger

knighty

it's only a problem if you jump start from one car to another, with the good car's engine running

the problem is if you have your ''jump car's'' running, and jump leads connecting it to your sprinter, when you start the sprinter up you have 2 alternators putting out power, and have some sort of power spike, which can fry computers etc...

it's easy to work around, just make sure the good car's engines isn't running when you start the sprinter

if you're worried there might not be enough power there, keep the car's engine running for 10min with the jump leads connected, but then shut it off just before you start the sprinter ;)

Top Bottom