New Black Rhino Warload Wheels and Cross Climate Tires

Alta Boy

Looks elegantly understated, was looking at same rims but wife prefers 17” Method’s “dark titanium“ 703 with our silver grey van.
What type of running boards have you mounted, I’ve never seen those particular boards.
Storage compartments in aft 1/2 of running board?

eralimited57

2008 Sprinter 2500 170 Extended High Top 3.0L CRD
Looks elegantly understated, was looking at same rims but wife prefers 17” Method’s “dark titanium“ 703 with our silver grey van.
What type of running boards have you mounted, I’ve never seen those particular boards.
Storage compartments in aft 1/2 of running board?
Thanks for your comments..

This is a Winnebago ERA 170 camper van. The running boards open to propane supply and dump station macerator pump etc.

eralimited57

Thanks for your comments..

This is a Winnebago ERA 170 camper van. The running boards open to propane supply and dump station macerator pump etc.
I was also considering the wheels you went with. I like those as well. Post a picture of your van with those wheels?

Exilaltbier

Mine european are sized 225/75/16 with the I = 3,923 ratio and the 163hp OM651 Diesel engine and 7G+

With your US common tire size 245/75/16 my cars performance will be a bit sleepy.

eralimited57

Updated picture of Black Rhino Warload wheels and Michelin Cross Climate tires on my 170 high top. Went from the OEM 16" wheels to these (17") wheels and tires.IMG_20220507_123048118_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
I have the same wheels, I like ‘em.
You’ve got a case of the Sprinter Squat. Consider a suspension upgrade. You’ll be glad you did.

eralimited57

I have the same wheels, I like ‘em.
You’ve got a case of the Sprinter Squat. Consider a suspension upgrade. You’ll be glad you did.
What specifically do you recommend be done?

I prefer a low C.G.

I am very happy with the way it rides/handles.

I think part of it that you see is the angle I took the picture from.

C-More

Looks great. Do you notice the ride more harsh with less rubber? Your suspension looks fine, you are not going off-pavement with that beautiful coach.

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
What specifically do you recommend be done?

I prefer a low C.G.

I am very happy with the way it rides/handles.

I think part of it that you see is the angle I took the picture from.
It could certainly be photo angle, but built out Sprinters, and especially the 170’s and XL’s all suffer from “Sprinter Squat” from the weight added.
This adds to the sway that all sprinters have, and the rocking in and out of driveways and over speedbumps is not enjoyable to most either.
Solutions are upgraded rear shocks, and helper springs.
Or upgraded rear shocks with sumo springs at a minimum.
Van Compass, Agile Off Road being the most well known and proven, and both have offerings that don’t lift the van, just level it.
Not trying to hijack the thread though…
It’s a great looking RV, enjoy!

eralimited57

Looks great. Do you notice the ride more harsh with less rubber? Your suspension looks fine, you are not going off-pavement with that beautiful coach.
I paid particular attention to the ride knowing their was less rubber between the wheel and the road and honestly I felt it rode as good or better than before with the 16" wheels and taller tires. I have no intention of changing anything with the suspension. I am very happy with the ride. I prefer a low C.G. l just have to watch the ground clearance at times.

Last edited:

Top Bottom