Our new Sprinter VS30 with upgrades

Finally got some photos up. This is our 2021 VS30 4X4. Interior built by Titan Vans in Boulder, Classic Build. (Pics of interior coming soon...)

I've installed new Black Rhino 16X8 wheels, Nokian Outpost AT 265/70r16 tires, Sumo springs up front, Van Compass leaf kit in the rear, Van Compass differential skid plate, and Van Compass mudflap relocation kit. To be installed next week: Van Compass engine skid plate, Van Compass transfer case skid plate, Owl Vans ladder/tire combo, Sherpa rack, and medium box. Really loving this ride!More photos to come...JP205797.jpgJP205845.jpgJP205823.jpg

This past week I saw a newish Sprinter with a fuel tank skid plate that wrapped around the bottom and the sides going up 6" or more.

What a great idea with fuel prices going through the roof. If someone were to drill through this tank, they would have to either drill through the tank in the upper portion where not much fuel would pour out or drill through the 1/4" thick skid plate. This looked like more than a skid plate with its wrapping up the sides protecting the bottom half of the tank. I did not see a label on this more than a skid plate plate. haha

I suppose some lowlifes would drill through this skid plate anyway, but maybe it would give them some pause to move on to another easier target.

One can only hope this particular skid plate will prevent easy access to our plastic tanks. I could not tell if this was aluminum or steel, but I suspect aluminum for the weight savings. It would be nice if some strong material could slow down the drilling through process. Stainless steel would be the strongest, but it has its own properties that may prevent this stronger skid plate material from being used.

Last edited:

Top Bottom