My new Sprinter crew 4x4 (another silver grey!)

joe12pack

Picked her up yesterday. Love it so far. Paid MSRP. Was going to pay all cash but found Redwood Credit Union had a 1.99% for 60 months so had to take advantage of that. Couldn't be happier. The spare tire was accidently deleted so until I get new wheels w/ the spare off the back I might have to find another spare tire to put down there. Hopefully the dealer can find one for me.

Dealer said I was lucky I got everything I wanted (leather steering wheel, 10.25 MBUX screen, full electric door and LED lights).

Dealer was trying to sell me an extended warranty to take it to 5 years and 100k miles for $1950. They said I could think about it for a week and call them back if I decide I want it. Any advice on that? I plan to add an extra seat in the back plus some light mods like a bed+battery.

Attachments

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
Picked her up yesterday. Love it so far. Paid MSRP. Was going to pay all cash but found Redwood Credit Union had a 1.99% for 60 months so had to take advantage of that. Couldn't be happier. The spare tire was accidently deleted so until I get new wheels w/ the spare off the back I might have to find another spare tire to put down there. Hopefully the dealer can find one for me.

Dealer said I was lucky I got everything I wanted (leather steering wheel, 10.25 MBUX screen, full electric door and LED lights).

Dealer was trying to sell me an extended warranty to take it to 5 years and 100k miles for $1950. They said I could think about it for a week and call them back if I decide I want it. Any advice on that? I plan to add an extra seat in the back plus some light mods like a bed+battery.
Congrats on your new Sprinter. And in the best color Silver Gray no less!

Takeoff Tires and wheels for sale all the time on Craigslist etc. Maybe you can find someone selling all 5 and talk him out of one. Or just order up your new wheels and tires.

Offer the dealer 1400 for the warranty. Worst he can do is laugh, say no, or counter.
But I thought I heard last year MB upped their game and went standard 5yr/100k warranty …

Last edited:

joe12pack

Offer the dealer 1400 for the warranty. Worst he can do is laugh, say no, or counter.
But I thought I heard last year MB upped their game and went standard 5yr/100k warranty …
Ok good idea on the tires. From the window sticker it says the drive train and the emissions are covered for 5yr/100k. The emissions stuff is the one that worries me the most so maybe I don't need this warranty. They said I could get a full refund if I cancel it before the 3 year/36k is up which seemed fair.

Homeless Junkie

With any extended warranty you gotta ask yourself will you spend more than $1950 on repairs after 3 years and 36,000 miles but before 5 years or a 100k miles.

klempak

I went with extended warranty 5y 100k miles, it only cost $875,-. I think it is worth it, never know what can go wrong. Just go to mbvans.com and try to build a van, you can see the pricing for different options. The dealer will match the price.

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
With any extended warranty you gotta ask yourself will you spend more than $1950 on repairs after 3 years and 36,000 miles but before 5 years or a 100k miles.
Yeah, I get that. but for some reason my crystal ball is malfunctioning. It keeps saying possible, or maybe.
Oh SNAP.
Same with the magic 8 ball.
And it's a Mercedes…possibly a LOT more.

Boxster1971

2023 Sprinter 2500 144wb AWD

Do you like the VF4 Fabric Caluma Black Upholstery? I'm thinking I would prefer that to black vinyl (VF6 Leatherette - Black).

joe12pack

Do you like the VF4 Fabric Caluma Black Upholstery? I'm thinking I would prefer that to black vinyl (VF6 Leatherette - Black).
Yes I love the Caluma black and was surprised it looks so much better in person than in the pictures. I've had the black vinyl in other cars and contrary to popular opinion I feel the Caluma looks and feels so much classier than the fake leather. I come from the Porsche world where folks pay big bucks for houndstooth/pepita pattern material for their seat inserts (this pic of a Porsche is not my car but an example) and when I saw I could get a patterned material for the Sprinter seats it was a no brainer for me. Very happy with it when I saw it in person! I see your name is Boxster. My other car is a 981 Boxster Spyder with these same red LWB seats (no cool insert yet though but I am working on it!).

Attachments

joe12pack

Wow congrats- I can’t believe you only paid MSRP. Every dealer I talk to wants 10-15k above MSRP
Yes this dealer in Santa Rosa, CA is one of the few that wont charge above MSRP even though they could very well do it in the wealthy SF Bay area. I can't believe how I was able to snag this allocation. Just in the right place at the right time. Best of luck to you I hope you get one.

r456

2024 AWD HR CREW VAN
Congrats! The only issue with crew van is that there is no factory swivel seats option! Why is there no swivel seats option for crew van? I heard it is due to space issue.

Yes this dealer in Santa Rosa, CA is one of the few that wont charge above MSRP even though they could very well do it in the wealthy SF Bay area. I can't believe how I was able to snag this allocation. Just in the right place at the right time. Best of luck to you I hope you get one.

joe12pack

haha, I see. You bought it already! it should be taken off the site or marked "sold" or "sale pending" :)
I was the one that configured this van so it was sold over a year ago. I guess they just need to put it on their inventory just in case I didnt buy it.

r456

2024 AWD HR CREW VAN
Did you get financing of the full amount of van or just small part of it? I see some credit union only offers 1.99% rate for 20k auto loan.

I was the one that configured this van so it was sold over a year ago. I guess they just need to put it on their inventory just in case I didnt buy it.

joe12pack

Did you get financing of the full amount of van or just small part of it? I see some credit union only offers 1.99% rate for 20k auto loan.
I ended up putting down $20k and financed the rest. I don't really know what they require as a minimum down. This is with tier 1 credit of course.

VanGoSki

Correction: With any extended warranty you gotta ask yourself will you spend more than $1950 on repairs after 3 years and 36,000 miles but before 5 years or a 100k miles, excluding the emissions system and powertrain, as those are already warrantied for 100K miles.

Top Bottom