BATTERY CABLES...

nbw

2020 3500HD, 170Ex 4x4
Don't put up with poor vendor performance, once I slam the door it's closed.
I like to order from a large online battery cable company that has good quality and ships FAST. NOT ANY MORE
After 4 days, I don't see a shipping document so I inquire as they boast about shipping same day, next day. Yesterday I get called from a very frustrated employee who tells me he is lacking inventory of some shrink tube. I couldn't' believe they were holding my entire order for this? So I asked, can you just ship it today? Answer: I'd have to drop it off on my way home so no, everybody has gone home for the weekend. He also told me there were more customers that he had to inform of no inventory. I said never mind and was told they would ship next week? I have now canceled my order out of total frustration and I will buy my high priced items from another better qualified vendor. So much for my project schedule.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Well, at least they DID call YOU with the update. (you had to nudge them, but they did respond)

Supply chains are still very messed up.
I've been trying to source some Square D circuit breakers during the last week.
Many places are out-of-stock of (relatively) common sizes. Others have them at triple the usual price ($71 for a 20 amp breaker???)

I have a query in to Eaton about the physical size of one of their products.
It's been 4 days of (a) we got your query (b) info hard to find (c) we'll have to ask engineering (d) Friday: crickets ... and now the weekend intervenes.
Heck ... if any of the "usual suspect" stores had any on the shelves, i could measure the (whole-house surge protector) myself.
But they're also rarely stocked (theoretically carried, but empty shelf space).

If your custom-cable maker demands a certain high quality of heat-shrink, then it is quite possible that it's difficult to find.

Just sayin'

--dick

HarryN

You would be surprised what can hold up a project, especially in the electrical area.

Keep in mind that materials like high end shrink tubing are often made by the same companies that make protective gear for medical /covid. In late 2020 I could hardly find the high end heat shrink tubing that was made by 3M - as they were all hands on deck making covid related products.

nbw

2020 3500HD, 170Ex 4x4
Well, at least they DID call YOU with the update. (you had to nudge them, but they did respond)

Supply chains are still very messed up.
I've been trying to source some Square D circuit breakers during the last week.
Many places are out-of-stock of (relatively) common sizes. Others have them at triple the usual price ($71 for a 20 amp breaker???)

I have a query in to Eaton about the physical size of one of their products.
It's been 4 days of (a) we got your query (b) info hard to find (c) we'll have to ask engineering (d) Friday: crickets ... and now the weekend intervenes.
Heck ... if any of the "usual suspect" stores had any on the shelves, i could measure the (whole-house surge protector) myself.
But they're also rarely stocked (theoretically carried, but empty shelf space).

If your custom-cable maker demands a certain high quality of heat-shrink, then it is quite possible that it's difficult to find.

Just sayin'

--dick
No doubt, I understand that but what really got me was Mgmt. left this guy on his own.
He was very frustrated that nobody told him they were out of inventory else he would have called me and the others.
2ndly, I wasn't given an option of partial shipment. That should have happened on Day 1, Day 2.
But then I'm one of those guys who refuses to wait in long lines for tickets or groceries, supplies etc. I quickly look at it as though
I'm having to beg for service or product.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
For custom battery cables i wander down to the local Marine Supply stores.
Commercial customers (ships and boats, yacht builders) send in their orders and they're made up.
Happy lil' ol' me can also wander the isles, picking cables (and colors) plus individual terminations to meet my needs.
Then they did the hydraulic crimping to create what i wanted.

A recent visit to one shop hinted that "lil' ol' me" now has to crimp their own (but a workbench and appropriate hand tools were provided).

--dick
p.s. "hinted" ... so that's what i did.

nbw

2020 3500HD, 170Ex 4x4
UPDATE: I owe BatteryCablesUSA a very high recommendation based upon Quality and Service.
The true core of a company comes from the owner, in my case we had a problem and I was pissed.
The owner called me and apologized profusely, it was Friday night and his team was gone. He was there to insure all orders had been filled but they were not. He not only rushed my order to me, he surprised me with a discount which I tried to argue. He insured me that he really does loose sleep worrying about his customers and insuring they are happy. Needless to say, as long as the ownership of BCUSA remains I will be a customer for life.
It's not how you fall down, it's how you get back up!

Top Bottom