Hello Inflation?

davisdave

2005 140 tall passenger
"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon."

Looks like "modern monetary theory" died in the arse and that deficits do matter.

Lagom

Panic in Detroit
Flashback to Jamaica during the rule of the Peoples National Party. Give it a listen.

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
I wonder if the orange man pressure to keep interest rates at artificial lows has anything to do with cheap money that created many people spending (equals buying stuff) like crazy which along with covid supply chain disruptions contributed to inflation. That’s not really a question.
The inflation ball started rolling in 2016, and with housing costs exploding due to low interest rates.

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
And all presidents want low rates, that’s nothing new.
trumpturd took it to a much more public, vicous level.
Older articles before inflation really gained momentum.

trumpturd repeatedly twitter bashed fed policy and decisions, claiming the rate cuts were not enough, that the rate should be zero, but while obama (who I did not vote for) was president, railed against interest rate cuts.

There’s plenty more but I have work to do…

Bottom line is extremely low rates for an extended period of time are a double edged sword.

Last edited:

davisdave

2005 140 tall passenger
Crystal Ball - Peter Tosh

Lookin' at your crystal ball, culture man
I say: Lookin' in your crystal ball, culture man
What do you see, culture man
Tell me what do you see, culture man

I see people victim
Prices rising
Gas shortage
And the dollar devalue

In the city
In a you shitty
In the city
In a the shitty

I see them churches locked down
Schools closed down
Politicians promising
Teacher striking

I see youths rising
Blood running
Fire burning
Got crying

I see truth revealing
People cleansing
Downpresser chasing
People seeing

Give me a glimpse in a you crystal ball culture man
Make me see what a gwan, culture man
Long time we blind
So so blind

davisdave

2005 140 tall passenger
Trump knows whats up...he changed his tune when he became prez because he did not want it to come crashing down on his watch...like all presidents. Looks like Potato Joe could be the fall guy as nobody likes him anyway and he will be dead soon.

hugh

the best dream, reality
Trump knows whats up...he changed his tune when he became prez because he did not want it to come crashing down on his watch...like all presidents. Looks like Potato Joe could be the fall guy as nobody likes him anyway and he will be dead soon.

So instead of doing what is right for the he country he didn't do anything because of his vanity.

Quite the leader.

Btw did you ever educate yourself on the train strike or comprehend what I actually wrote?

ECU

2006 T1n 118 Sprinter
Headline on CNBC had me scratching my head.
Gold hits more than 2-year low on dollar strength, Fed concerns
The US Dollar is "strong" in comparison to other currencies.
Large corporations will do well going forward with government spending on infrastructure.
Did you know the US hands out free Iphones? A real boon for Apple.
Funding the war in Ukraine puts money in the hand of large US contractors.
For the retired, you're now a drain on the economy.
For small business, nobody cares.
The rise of the fascist rulers.

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
If anyone is a wannabe fascist it’s trumpturd.
look who the orange pos admires… pootin, kim, probably chYna’s leader too.

Newsflash retired have always been considered a drain on the economy, they spend less on consumerism than younger generations, and as a group are not generating the taxes they used too. That’s just the way it is.

And another newsflash trumpturd doesn’t care about anyone or anything but himself and what will either make him money or get him attention and cheers from his subservient trumptard following of blind and ignorant zombies.

Last edited:

hugh

the best dream, reality
Headline on CNBC had me scratching my head.
Gold hits more than 2-year low on dollar strength, Fed concerns
The US Dollar is "strong" in comparison to other currencies.
Large corporations will do well going forward with government spending on infrastructure.
Did you know the US hands out free Iphones? A real boon for Apple.
Funding the war in Ukraine puts money in the hand of large US contractors.
For the retired, you're now a drain on the economy.
For small business, nobody cares.
The rise of the fascist rulers.
How is this different from the last 70 years?

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE

So that’s admirable to you?

davisdave

2005 140 tall passenger
Did i say that? I think the dudes a jerk. I admire his moment of intelligence and honesty. You would never hear Bidet, Clinton, or Barry say that. Are they pathological liars or just stoopid?

The sooner you realize that our political parties are just kabuki theater and they are not looking out for YOU, the better. Small minds are caught up in red vs. blue, cuz vs blood. It has always been rich vs poor, have vs have nots.

You admire Obummer right? He gave trillions to banks, insurance companies, and big corporations after they pulled off the largest fraud in the history of mankind. Not a single banker went to jail, in fact, his second biggest donor was Goldman Sucks. After the S&L crisis, over a thousand bankers went to jail. Sadly, the rule of law is over and the Wall St regulators have been captured by a revolving door policy with the very industries they regulate.

You think Biden is looking out for you? 36 years as senator of a tiny state with more registered businesses than citizens.

“Delaware is an outlier in the way it does business … what it offers is an opportunity to game the system and do it legally.”

"Delaware requires very little documentation and identification information to set up a shell company, so it can be even easier to set up a business there than in an international tax haven like the Cayman Islands"

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/76951/why-are-so-many-us-companies-incorporated-delaware

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
Did i say that? I think the dudes a jerk. I admire his moment of intelligence and honesty. You would never hear Bidet, Clinton, or Barry say that. Are they pathological liars or just stoopid?

The sooner you realize that our political parties are just kabuki theater and they are not looking out for YOU, the better. Small minds are caught up in red vs. blue, cuz vs blood. It has always been rich vs poor, have vs have nots.

You admire Obummer right? He gave trillions to banks, insurance companies, and big corporations after they pulled off the largest fraud in the history of mankind. Not a single banker went to jail, in fact, his second biggest donor was Goldman Sucks. After the S&L crisis, over a thousand bankers went to jail. Sadly, the rule of law is over and the Wall St regulators have been captured by a revolving door policy with the very industries they regulate.

You think Biden is looking out for you? 36 years as senator of a tiny state with more registered businesses than citizens.

“Delaware is an outlier in the way it does business … what it offers is an opportunity to game the system and do it legally.”

"Delaware requires very little documentation and identification information to set up a shell company, so it can be even easier to set up a business there than in an international tax haven like the Cayman Islands"

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/76951/why-are-so-many-us-companies-incorporated-delaware
I think trumpturd is a jerk too, as well as a criminal, narcissist, and a variety of other personality disorders.

I did not vote for obama but no one with a clear head can argue against given the mess he inherited from dubya, he did pretty well and got the economy primed for trumpturd.
And I’m no Biden fan but circling the drain or not, at least he’s mentally stable, and not a pootin puppet.
I don’t cringe every single morning when I see or read what the president said to start the day since 20 jan 2021.
Just sometimes now.
I do still cringe daily when I see or read what the trumpturd said.

Lagom

Panic in Detroit
I think trumpturd is a jerk too, as well as a criminal, narcissist, and a variety of other personality disorders.

I did not vote for obama but no one with a clear head can argue against given the mess he inherited from dubya, he did pretty well and got the economy primed for trumpturd.
And I’m no Biden fan but circling the drain or not, at least he’s mentally stable, and not a pootin puppet.
I don’t cringe every single morning when I see or read what the president said to start the day since 20 jan 2021.
Just sometimes now.
I do still cringe daily when I see or read what the trumpturd said.
George W Bush was a horrible president, but the one thing I don’t blame him for was the financial crisis. That’s squarely on the ones who created the derivatives, the banks that approved those loans (especially the “125”s), the credit agencies who corruptly gave the derivatives inflated scores, and the vultures like Soros who picked off the investment houses by shorting them.

I’m no expert on corrupt financial practices so nit-pick me where you will, but that’s the way I interpreted what I saw.

Last edited:

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
George W Bush was a horrible president, but the one thing I don’t blame him for was the financial crisis. That’s squarely on the ones who created the derivatives, the banks that approved those loans (especially the “125”s), the credit agencies who corruptly gave the derivatives inflated scores, and the vultures like Soros who picked off the investment houses by shorting them.

I’m no expert on corrupt financial practices so not-pick me where you will, but that’s the way I interpreted what I saw.
Maybe we do have different memories, but I still remember his speech, when after being accused of starting wrong war, he tried to divert public attention to available wealth.
It was him, who kept on saying "YOU DESERVE !!!" (luxury SUV, boat and mountain cabin).
Wasn't it him, who gave the banks the above orders?

Lagom

Panic in Detroit
Maybe we do have different memories, but I still remember his speech, when after being accused of starting wrong war, he tried to divert public attention to available wealth.
It was him, who kept on saying "YOU DESERVE !!!" (luxury SUV, boat and mountain cabin).
I do remember him telling us to go out and shop. I don’t think he was even aware of the extent of the corruption of the financial community, though.

Don’t get me wrong. His wars and allowing the FBI coverup of the real Anthrax attackers were astoundingly harmful. The real criminality of the crash was not directly his doing, IMO. As I said, however, I’m willing to listen to knowledgeable people who might demonstrate that I’m wrong. Respectfully, I’m going to disagree with you on this.

hugh

the best dream, reality
I do remember him telling us to go out and shop. I don’t think he was even aware of the extent of the corruption of the financial community, though.

Don’t get me wrong. His wars and allowing the FBI coverup of the real Anthrax attackers were astoundingly harmful. The real criminality of the crash was not directly his doing, IMO. As I said, however, I’m willing to listen to knowledgeable people who might demonstrate that I’m wrong. Respectfully, I’m going to disagree with you on this.
Who were "the real anthrax attackers"?

Top Bottom