Hello Inflation?

davisdave

2005 140 tall passenger
No, actually i just know a wee bit about macro economics and causes of inflation. If i believed the headlines, i would think Biden saved the day with his great negotiating skills and then go and troll the sprinter forum. How about you?

3Play

No, actually i just know a wee bit about macro economics and causes of inflation. If i believed the headlines, i would think Biden saved the day with his great negotiating skills and then go and troll the sprinter forum. How about you?
You are right on target, every time the Govt. gives, or demands something be given (I.E. Min. Wage etc.) something has to be taken away and it generally is at least a portion of the dollars worth.......inflation....
I have watched the price of many food items go up more than 35% IN THE LAST 7 MONTHS!!!
Govt. regulating many sectors of food production to the point of losing the producers and food plants have been burning down at an unprecedented rate.
But don't worry, nothing to look at here, bidenomics will save the day.....
Take the blue pill, go back to sleep.....

hugh

the best dream, reality
So based on feelings....

Doesn't matter what the market forces are, whether they deserve a raise or not, it is just your feeling that they don't deserve a raise.

I'm sure if you were working and you raised your rates you would have happily accepted, "Sorry Dave, I can't do that, that would guarantee inflation."

You know what would guarantee inflation? A rail strike.

davisdave

2005 140 tall passenger
So based on feelings....

Doesn't matter what the market forces are, whether they deserve a raise or not, it is just your feeling that they don't deserve a raise.

I'm sure if you were working and you raised your rates you would have happily accepted, "Sorry Dave, I can't do that, that would guarantee inflation."

You know what would guarantee inflation? A rail strike.
So based on feelings...

I dont know if they deserve a raise or not. I got a 4% raise this year. They got 10% and at least 5% bonus. Please explain how they deserve this. Maybe ask Warren Buffet? Market forces would not involve the government. Dont you think this raise will be passed along to the customers? Do you think it is odd that this happened right before the elections?

I am pretty sure every union will demand the same.

Unions did a lot of good in the past, no doubt. Unfortunately, "every movement starts out as a great cause, turns into a business, and ends up a racket."

3Play

Nobody is holding a gun to their heads, they can leave that job if they don't like it, or maybe........start their own business and actually grow the GDP,
what a novel concept........
If you complain about your job in a free society, you are an idiot, leave and find something better.
It's a buyers market for jobs right now, you can even switch fields if you are reliable. Reliable hard working people are worth their
weight in gold and employers know it and are willing to train.
If you are a lazy SOB who thinks the world owes you something, you deserve to be on a corner holding a sign indicating your stupidity, or the failed policing and prosecution of illegal drugs........

hugh

the best dream, reality
Nobody is holding a gun to their heads, they can leave that job if they don't like it, or maybe........start their own business and actually grow the GDP,
what a novel concept........
If you complain about your job in a free society, you are an idiot, leave and find something better.
It's a buyers market for jobs right now, you can even switch fields if you are reliable. Reliable hard working people are worth their
weight in gold and employers know it and are willing to train.
If you are a lazy SOB who thinks the world owes you something, you deserve to be on a corner holding a sign indicating your stupidity, or the failed policing and prosecution of illegal drugs........
Exactly, they got a raise because they could. If they didn't they could just leave, then who would run the trains?

Again, a strike would have gaurenteed inflation.

hugh

the best dream, reality
So based on feelings...

I dont know if they deserve a raise or not. I got a 4% raise this year. They got 10% and at least 5% bonus. Please explain how they deserve this. Maybe ask Warren Buffet? Market forces would not involve the government. Dont you think this raise will be passed along to the customers? Do you think it is odd that this happened right before the elections?

I am pretty sure every union will demand the same.

Unions did a lot of good in the past, no doubt. Unfortunately, "every movement starts out as a great cause, turns into a business, and ends up a racket."
Maybe you educate yourself....

Guess what a 24 % increase over 5 years works out to per year?

Use your math skills.

Last edited:

davisdave

2005 140 tall passenger
How long has inflation been above 5%? Looks like they expect it to continue well into the future. Wouldnt want to encourage savings...debtors are good for the banksters and one percenters. Are these new raises on top of raises they already got for the last two years or have they not had a raise in two years? Since it is on Yahoo news and they dont say, i would guess on top as that would be embarrassing to the great negotiator.

Can you place these events in order?
a. price spiral
b. full zimbabwe currency destruction
c. Insane increase in the money supply by the federal reserve bank, government spending, and the fractional reserve banking system.
d. wage spiral

Last edited:

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
Where did you get the 5% ?
The prices for bread, potatoes and veggies doubled in last 2 years.
At least gas prices have more excuses.

• Thanks
Reactions: ECU

davisdave

2005 140 tall passenger
Well, i did say "above 5%". I dont know where you shop, some things around here have gone up bigly, but not doubled.

CJPJ

2008 3500 170 EXTD 3.0 V6 OM642.993 4.182

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
I guess the 11.4% inflation comes from average.
When bread and potatoes went up about 100% in 2 years, I noticed that steaks and lobsters dropped the prices.
When this is indication that disposable income is dropping, when you add $1 increase on bread price and $2 drop on lobsters prices, the whole statistics can look like war on Ukraine.

hugh

the best dream, reality
Maybe you educate yourself....
How long has inflation been above 5%? Looks like they expect it to continue well into the future. Wouldnt want to encourage savings...debtors are good for the banksters and one percenters. Are these new raises on top of raises they already got for the last two years or have they not had a raise in two years? Since it is on Yahoo news and they dont say, i would guess on top as that would be embarrassing to the great negotiator.

Can you place these events in order?
a. price spiral
b. full zimbabwe currency destruction
c. Insane increase in the money supply by the federal reserve bank, government spending, and the fractional reserve banking system.
d. wage spiral
So you are working on feelings, didn't bother to look into specifics, didn't do the math, didn't learn anything at all. Just bitched on the internet without knowing anything about what you are bitching about.

davisdave

2005 140 tall passenger
Ummm, what are you doing right now? Got any facts n figures or just empty criticism? Are you sure a strike would have guaranteed more inflation than giving them huge raises, or is that just your feelings?

hugh

the best dream, reality
Ummm, what are you doing right now? Got any facts n figures or just empty criticism? Are you sure a strike would have guaranteed more inflation than giving them huge raises, or is that just your feelings?
Again educate yourself, you are asking questions that are easily answered with an Internet search.

Here are a few questions for you:
Would a railroad strike increase or decrease availability of goods?

If goods are less available what typically happens to the price of goods?

Now you could argue it's a temporary price increase and not inflation.

Come back after you educate yourself. Who knows, you may be even more offended by the deal than you already are since one part of the deal didn't make the headlines or you may think it is reasonable given how often they negotiate the deal and the details of the last deal. But again educate yourself.

Fyi right now I am answering a relatively inane question.

davisdave

2005 140 tall passenger
Wow Hugh, that was a lot of words, you must be super duper educated. Did you say it is your opinion that a strike may result in a temporary price increase and not inflation while a permanent wage increase would result in less long term inflation? I am now super duper educated by your inane argument, thanks for clearing that up.

hugh

the best dream, reality
Wow Hugh, that was a lot of words, you must be super duper educated. Did you say it is your opinion that a strike may result in a temporary price increase and not inflation while a permanent wage increase would result in less long term inflation? I am now super duper educated by your inane argument, thanks for clearing that up.
Wow Dave, learn to read...

Top Bottom