Roof Rack on Sprinter 144” Passenger with Factory AC

Jj524

We have a Sprinter Passenger with the factory A/C on the roof and we want to add roof racks. Just wondering if anyone has pictures of something like that.

fireball05

Newly arrived 2021 144HR 4x4 passenger
There are a few photos floating around, someone did a really nice build thread and got a rack and cut out the AC unit and then put decking on top of the AC.

I went with a FVCO low profile rack so I can easily put the crossbars fore and aft of the AC unit.

VikingTdi

There are a few photos floating around, someone did a really nice build thread and got a rack and cut out the AC unit and then put decking on top of the AC.

I went with a FVCO low profile rack so I can easily put the crossbars fore and aft of the AC unit.
Am considering that exact rack for that reason. However, not totally sold on the investment- we are keeping the factory AC so the only realistic use is a few solar panels (maybe) or a cargo carrier which probably doesn’t need an entire rack.

fireball05

I’ve got a front fairing, 200w renogy panel, fiamma awning, matrax mounts, two rear facing flood lights for when we’re pulling the trailer and a weboost antenna planned to mount to our Fvco rack. Most of those items could be mounted without the rack but I think the rack makes it cleaner and easier.

And truth be told looks a bit cooler.

Jj524

I’ve got a front fairing, 200w renogy panel, fiamma awning, matrax mounts, two rear facing flood lights for when we’re pulling the trailer and a weboost antenna planned to mount to our Fvco rack. Most of those items could be mounted without the rack but I think the rack makes it cleaner and easier.

And truth be told looks a bit cooler.
do you have a picture of your fairing ?

grantwilson

FreedomVanGo
ours works pretty well to be fair

fireball05

FWIW:

Fiamma 80s will NOT work with pass fan and factory AC. No room up there.

The FVCO low pro rack WILL work if you do not want an awning.

If you want an awning and have factory rooftop rear AC, looks like FVCO standard rack and Fiamma 45s awning will work.

Top Bottom