Puddle

Minibus58

Hi. I have a 58 plate ex-minibus sprinter. I found a small puddle of water next to the passenger door pillar. It’s to the left/rear of the pillar so not a leak through the door. Does anyone have any experience or ideas wher the water might be coming from? Between the cold metal and the carpeted sides I’m struggling to find the source of the leak. TIA

Attachments

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Hi @Minibus58 and welcome from a fellow Brit!

As most of the forum members are in the USA it may be worth explaining that a '58 plate' means it was registered in the UK between September 2008 and March 2009 so will be an NCV3 model and also will be RHD.

Keith.

Minibus58

As most of the forum members are in the USA it may be worth explaining that a '58 plate' means it was registered in the UK between September 2008 and March 2009 so will be an NCV3 model and also will be RHD.

Keith.

Keith.
Thanks. All updated

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
I don't have an NCV3 or even a standard van body but my suggestion would be to start at the highest point and work down. Do you have roof rails or any roof penetrations? If so start there and then work around the gutter seams then the top of the windscreen.

Keith.

Minibus58

Keith.
Found the leaks. It’s the window and the plastic trim the runs up the outside

Caloth

yeah i was just about to say thats 100% where your leak is coming from - you can even see the water run off on the drain / air holes. best idea is to seal in new trim clips with sikaflex, then the air holes just put tape over them from both sides and paint the tape on the outside with hammerite.

You'll need to make sure there are other air holes where water can't get in, like maybe via a maxxair fan or something, because 100% air sealing your van comes with a warning about slamming the rear doors closed and windows staying fitted correctly... or not :P

Top Bottom