High Roof 4wd Pop Top Build - Weekender 5.0

slamit

www.cacampervan.com
4.0 is sold, so we are doing another demo build. We will be posting some of the eye candy stuff on this build that will be completed (pending parts showing up) beginning of January. This is a fully modular van for a family of 5+ and will feature a High Roof Sprinter with a Colorado Camperan Pop Top. It's a personal build to showcase modular van for a family weekender style. Check out specific build details on in our blog link here: 5.O Weekender

This is what what I am starting with 2021 144" 4WD Crew Van. It takes a lot of time to post build thread content (typing 2 x), so this will just be various photos of some of the build process...all of the details are in our build blog on what is done...and many other great build threads as well on our demo vans and a few informative articles...insulation, electrical, hot water, wheel fender mods, pop top comparisons...we are adding more and more content. Not really a how too, but some real good tips from building over 250 vans...all the same category (weekender) you figure a few things out on the way. We try to share some of that here in the forum as a contributor, but also even more detail on blog so we can stay on subject.
side.jpg

fusebox2.jpgside windows.jpgopen window.jpgseatrails3.jpg

Last edited:

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
I noticed the 3600lb springs, is the build going to be that light with the 47 gal fuel tank, water tank, and the owl goodies on the back?

slamit

www.cacampervan.com
I noticed the 3600lb springs, is the build going to be that light with the 47 gal fuel tank, water tank, and the owl goodies on the back?
Its a light build...don't want it to ride stiff, if you have a build van with cabinets and a lot of wood...Agile will recommend a heavier set up. This is more than fine for this build. I have had this suspension set up at least on 5 different personal vans.

slamit

www.cacampervan.com
That light setup looks clean. ??
What mounts did you use, and is there any noticeable vibration in the lights while driving?
I’ve seen reports of some front light mounts “shaking” the lights.
Van Compass...no issues at all. Quality Products but not cheap. Will be updating build blog soon...been busy with other vans.

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
Interesting, I’m pretty sure that’s the mount I read about someone being unhappy due to the lights shaking.
I’m guessing VC upgraded the design, or he didn‘t install it correctly.
And yes expensive, like pretty much everything Sprinter, but nice quality.
I have their Falcon adjustable rear shocks (love them-upgraded from Fox), rear diff skid plate, and hood line light mounts.
All very nicely made, eyeing a few other goodies from them as well.

As usual, your build is looking good! ????

Last edited:

Top Bottom