Mobil 1 esp oil, 15 quarts for 120$

Docpaulo

Autozone has a sale on mobil 1 oil. Got 0w30 15 quarts for 120$ delivered. Must buy in multiples of 5 and it includes an stp extended life filter you can discard or give away for the promo to work...

Cheapest i could find for esp oil

Lagom

Panic in Detroit
I just did this and returned one of the filters for an $8 refund with no problem.
I only bought 10 because I already had two on hand.
Are the STP filters good enough? I was considering returning the other one and getting a German filter like I used before (don't remember brand).

Docpaulo

I just did this and returned one of the filters for an $8 refund with no problem.
I only bought 10 because I already had two on hand.
Are the STP filters good enough? I was considering returning the other one and getting a German filter like I used before (don't remember brand).
Thanks. I'll try returning the filter and see

3Play

Thats a good deal with the filter return. I just bought OW 40 for $27/gallon at wally world, it was $23 last month....

Docpaulo

Thats a good deal with the filter return. I just bought OW 40 for $27/gallon at wally world, it was $23 last month....
Are you sure you bought esp oil..and not the advanced mileage version... i have not seen esp oil in gallons anywhere.. dunno why..

Non esp oil runs the risk of fouling your dpf over time... no worries if your sprinter is gas..

bigb

2011 Winnebago Via 25Q on 2010 3500 Tucson, AZ
I called the Autozone which is only a few hundred yards from my house and they said I could get the same deal in the store. Looks like you included sales tax in the $120 for 15, a really good deal. Maybe I can pick filters for my wife's car instead.
Funny thing I was in there today and mentioned I was waiting for it to go on sale and the kid didn't say anything and the shelf just said $8.99 ea.

Docpaulo

I called the Autozone which is only a few hundred yards from my house and they said I could get the same deal in the store. Looks like you included sales tax in the $120 for 15, a really good deal. Maybe I can pick filters for my wife's car instead.
Yeah.. my local autozone only had 10 quarts.. i had it shipped home for free to get 15..

And i picked filters for my ram truck as I'm sticking with mann for my vehicle filters... but may return 2, don't need 3 filters when i only do oil changes yearly on my truck

bigb

Got mine today, had to stop at 2 stores to get enough but paid at one. Afterwords I learned that if I spent over $20 on 5 visits I would get a $20 reward. I could have bought the oil in 3 purchases and been almost there :thinking: Now I won't feel so bad about returning filters.

bigb

Looks like the party's over, the website now shows $8.99 each with no special deals. The website is really screwed up, doing a search for Mobil 1 0W30 ESP says not available but Googling the same oil brings it up on Autozone's site for $8.99. Plus the site says "Not recommended for your 2010 Mercedes Sprinter" and shows any synthetic 5W40 instead. It's easy to see how the wrong oil ends up in these.
Anyway I was hoping to grab 15 more.

Docpaulo

Looks like the party's over, the website now shows $8.99 each with no special deals. The website is really screwed up, doing a search for Mobil 1 0W30 ESP says not available but Googling the same oil brings it up on Autozone's site for $8.99. Plus the site says "Not recommended for your 2010 Mercedes Sprinter" and shows any synthetic 5W40 instead. It's easy to see how the wrong oil ends up in these.
Anyway I was hoping to grab 15 more.
They usually run the special a few times a year... but yeah at that price... worth grabbing a ton

bigb

They usually run the special a few times a year... but yeah at that price... worth grabbing a ton
Hopefully we can notice when that happens and bring the thread back up when it does, I'll keep an eye best I can.

Docpaulo

Hopefully we can notice when that happens and bring the thread back up when it does, I'll keep an eye best I can.
I just tried online and its still available for home delivery only.. it says valid until November 15

Inertiaman

This deal is back up, thru 12/27. You need to click on the "see deals" button on the product page.

Searching on 124547 (the part number) will help you find the 0W30.

Also, I've had absolutely no problem returning all 3 filters after buying 15 quarts.

EDIT: now they are even adding a free funnel and drain pan! Ridiculous. Net price for oil is $5.77/qt before tax. Drain pan is 7 qt so not useful for our Sprinters.

Last edited:

bigb

All my local stores are out. I ordered for free delivery but had to place 3 separate orders as it would not let me raise the quantity. They called a little while later to ask if that was a mistake. My 3 filters, 3 drain pans and 3 funnels will arrive tomorrow and my oil will arrive Dec 23. This is pretty awesome especially considering all the recent shortages.

Top Bottom