Diesel at the Pump with Bio Diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
Which statements can they "not understand" be specific. Both about the statement, and why.
Let's just say that my question about the source where "Mercedes has softened their stance regarding 20% commercial biofuel blends "
is still unanswered, when you are famous enough for hijacking the threads with your personal issues.

Roamers

2020 4X4 170 Crew
Let's just say that my question about the source where "Mercedes has softened their stance regarding 20% commercial biofuel blends "
is still unanswered, when you are famous enough for hijacking the threads with your personal issues.
2020 manual gives advice for if you need to use it vs. older policy of don't use it. Pretty sure actual wording is in another string.

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
2020 manual gives advice for if you need to use it vs. older policy of don't use it. Pretty sure actual wording is in another string.
The only note my 2015 manual has is
! Do not use the following:
Marine diesel
Heating oil
Bio-diesel
Vegetable oil
Gasoline
Paraffin
Kerosene
Do not mix such fuels with diesel fuel and do not use any special additives. This can otherwise lead to engine damage. This does not include flow improver additives. For further information, see "Flow improvers". Y

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
How very non specific of you.

Previously MB said not to use under any circumstances. Now they say to use only when no other choice is available. Does that not count as "softening"? The sources were listed in the linked thread.

I will note (again), that you are the only one brining personal grudges to bear here. No one has called you out, no one used backhanded insults (except you). Though I guess one could redefine "personal problems" to "anyone who disagrees with Kajtek". Which would be silly.

And will remain unanswered. It's a general statement, nothing specific.

I believe that the sky is blue.

Thanks for your input.

Further comments that I feel are argumentative and taking this thread off topic will be deleted.

Some members make deleting posts seem like a proper response. At one time I didn't exercise that option.

vic

This thread is locked.

Over 20 posts were deleted. Many contained belittling comments about members. What is left of the thread gives a flavor of where it was heading. It got worse.

That was what caused me to delete and lock the thread. I'm not taking the time to review posts and decide what stays and what goes. Some actually did not deserve deletion, but were collateral damage. (Members can request the text from their deleted thread by PM if they wish to reclaim their work.)

This applies to posts outside of the DZ.

In the future I will delete any posts which contain what I consider unnecessary belittling comments about members or those that include inappropriate language. Questioning facts and supplying supporting data is very different from a member belittling other people and intentionally taking threads far off track.

Is it fair? Probably not. I'm just trying to control this sh*t with the tools I have.

vic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom