Need wiring help for Under driver's seat relay

mountainhick

Doing some work running new wires into the seat base, a wire pulled from the connector/socket for this relay. I looked up the relay part number A 033 545 32 32 number and it shows up in a few places as rear window heat relay. This is confirmed by the diagram in the manual on page 8W-80-85, but there is nothing numbered to indicate the correct wire locations compared to the pin numbers on the module itself.

There are two options for which terminal to connect the loose wire to.

Since I no longer have heated rear windows, would it be OK to just pull the relay and leave it out and cap off the extra wire?

Or can someone help me out with the location of the grey/green (GY/DG) wire entering the socket?

relay-1.jpgrelay-2.jpg

Last edited:

koenb

I think you are correct, rear window heat relay. I determined thats what that was after trigging the switch window heat switch and holding my finger on the relay and feeling/hearing it click.

mountainhick

I think you are correct, rear window heat relay. I determined thats what that was after trigging the switch window heat switch and holding my finger on the relay and feeling/hearing it click.
Thanks. Yes, I am certain too. I found it in the manual after searching on some different terms, and edited my initial post. Now need to find out where the grey green wire attaches.

koenb

Thanks. Yes, I am certain too. I found it in the manual after searching on some different terms, and edited my initial post. Now need to find out where the grey green wire attaches.
The grey/green stripe wire at the relay socket? Comes from splice 253, which is on diagram 8w-11-27, which then is powered from what looks like the multifunction switch. Looks like the power wire that feeds the backlighting of the switches, radio, and shifter.

What do you need the grey/green wire for?

Last edited:

koenb

It would pin 86, which is the socket right in the middle of the two arrows drawn on your image. You can use the marks on the relay by the pins to line up with the socket if you are unsure which one is 86. Also look at diagram 8w-48-4 for reference.

And if you aren't using the window heat anymore, you can leave that wire out, but you must isolate it from shorting (heatshrink, tape etc.), since it will be powered anytime the lights are on.

mountainhick

It would pin 86, which is the socket right in the middle of the two arrows drawn on your image. You can use the marks on the relay by the pins to line up with the socket if you are unsure which one is 86. Also look at diagram 8w-48-4 for reference.

That spot is already occupied by brown. I'll look at 8W-48-4.

Since I no longer have heated rear windows, would it be OK to just pull the relay and leave it out and cap off the extra wire?
I see no reason that wouldn't work.

I haven't looked at the schematics. Assuming that there are empty socket cavities, logic would have me think that your small loose wire would insert in the spot opposite the cavity that has a small connector inserted.

vic

Top Bottom