Radiator shroud top panel

Eric B

Hi all

The radiator shroud top panel that closes off the space above the radiator keeps popping loose on my 2019…

Wish there was a more secure clip to keep it in place … I definitely notice a difference in the engine bay when it’s come loose … not so much from a cooling efficiency point of view, but more from general cleanliness

Wondering about maybe trying some kind of e-clip arrangement to keep it locked down ? But were those to come loose and slip down on to the rotating fan … pew pew … so, meh …

What are you guys doing ?

Attachments

Last edited:

Eric B

@RVBarry the hard plastic rad fan shroud has 4 prongs / teeth sticking up out of the top of it

The fill panel I snapped a pic of looks like a thin coroplast (or equivalent) corrugated flexible plastic with four matching rectangular holes

Over time the holes in the plastic fill panel open up and there’s progressively less for the prongs/teeth to catch on

A rectangular shaped e-clip would help to lock in the fill panel

Or swapping out the thin plastic fill panel piece for an aluminum version (for example) would help too

I remember the Japanese aftermarket for Miatas RX7s and all the Honda’s and Nissans was always big in to these fill panels, out of aluminum

Maybe owing to the tornado watch warning I drove through in to Bentonville AR two days ago, but once I got in & looked the van over, I could tell that the panel had been blown wide open and that the elements splashed around up on to valve cover & air filter housing

Top Bottom