The single most frustrating thing...

Holmeslice

2020 VS30 144" High Crew
I have lived with my VS30 144" Crew for 8 months and 10k miles. Coming from my NCV3, there were several little things that bothered me about the new van when I bought it, but many of them I've either grown into, or accepted and moved on. And there are some things I really love over the old - the 7-speed trans, comfortable driver's compartment, etc. Plus, it's a beautiful vehicle in and out.

But there's one thing that just frustrates me every day with this van - non stop rattles and squeaks. And I know I'm not alone.

My crew bench squeaks and rattles badly and has from day one. No amount of grease, re-setting, or shimming seems to stop it. There are little rattles in the back that I can't seem to pinpoint. And now a new knock recently started inside my sliding door (I don't think it's a loose door - I think it's something knocking on the sheet metal, which means pulling panels) that seems to be when the van starts and stops.

Yes, I can take it all apart and come up with bodges to make it right. And yes, I can take it to my dealer and have them deal with it, but they are far away, and it's a bit of an ordeal for me to get a ride back from the dealer, then back out again to pick it up.

And why should I? I paid significant $$ for my beautiful VS30, and I am constantly disappointed with this pea under my mattress.
Every day I drive through a particularly rough patch of road and I just seethe.

I had to get this off my chest. Rant over for now.

-Kenny
NYC

Docpaulo

I have lived with my VS30 144" Crew for 8 months and 10k miles. Coming from my NCV3, there were several little things that bothered me about the new van when I bought it, but many of them I've either grown into, or accepted and moved on. And there are some things I really love over the old - the 7-speed trans, comfortable driver's compartment, etc. Plus, it's a beautiful vehicle in and out.

But there's one thing that just frustrates me every day with this van - non stop rattles and squeaks. And I know I'm not alone.

My crew bench squeaks and rattles badly and has from day one. No amount of grease, re-setting, or shimming seems to stop it. There are little rattles in the back that I can't seem to pinpoint. And now a new knock recently started inside my sliding door (I don't think it's a loose door - I think it's something knocking on the sheet metal, which means pulling panels) that seems to be when the van starts and stops.

Yes, I can take it all apart and come up with bodges to make it right. And yes, I can take it to my dealer and have them deal with it, but they are far away, and it's a bit of an ordeal for me to get a ride back from the dealer, then back out again to pick it up.

And why should I? I paid significant $$ for my beautiful VS30, and I am constantly disappointed with this pea under my mattress.
Every day I drive through a particularly rough patch of road and I just seethe.

I had to get this off my chest. Rant over for now.

-Kenny
NYC
Unfortunately its really a commercial van and built as such... not like the Mercedes cars with all the sound deadening...

I'm with you on this but i live with it

Top Bottom