Sentri Crossing?

TrackSprinter

2016 Low Roof 144 2500
thanks for the reminder. i need to add mine to my account!

@bajadog if you are a regular, do you have any major tips or recommendations for the trip south?

bajadog

2021 2500 4X4 Crew High Top
thanks for the reminder. i need to add mine to my account!

@bajadog if you are a regular, do you have any major tips or recommendations for the trip south?
Yes, I go regularly. I’d say make sure you have a cell phone and data plan that works down there. Waze and Google Maps work well down south now which is great. Stick to driving during the day. Stay in touristy areas. You can order food using UberEats. When filling up, just verify it’s ULSD - many advertise it if it is. Avoid using a debit card, use a credit card instead. You can also pull cash out of ATMs. Avoid eating fruits from street vendors, stick to tacos and cooked goods. Go to places that have a crowd. There are excellent restaurants there now which are much better than the frozen food serving restaurants in San Diego (i.e., Cohen restaurant group).

TrackSprinter

2016 Low Roof 144 2500
Yes, I go regularly. I’d say make sure you have a cell phone and data plan that works down there. Waze and Google Maps work well down south now which is great. Stick to driving during the day. Stay in touristy areas. You can order food using UberEats. When filling up, just verify it’s ULSD - many advertise it if it is. Avoid using a debit card, use a credit card instead. You can also pull cash out of ATMs. Avoid eating fruits from street vendors, stick to tacos and cooked goods. Go to places that have a crowd. There are excellent restaurants there now which are much better than the frozen food serving restaurants in San Diego (i.e., Cohen restaurant group).
THANK YOU! Great info!

DATA - Ill need to figure that out.
DAYTIME - roger that.
ULSD - awesome thank you!
LMAO - San Diego restaurants 🤮

@bajadog have you had any issues with Federali checkpoints?

bajadog

2021 2500 4X4 Crew High Top
THANK YOU! Great info!

DATA - Ill need to figure that out.
DAYTIME - roger that.
ULSD - awesome thank you!
LMAO - San Diego restaurants 🤮

@bajadog have you had any issues with Federali checkpoints?
No I haven’t with the van. I have though with other more flashy cars and trucks. It was the usual shakedown and $20 “fee”. They may see your wallet when you take out your ID so obviously don’t have hundreds in there, carry $60 in your wallet and cash hidden elsewhere.

Top Bottom