nOx Sensor Shortage

Smithrep

Seasaltprojects
Well last week my 2021 60 day old van tripped a nOx Upstream Sensor, in normal times this would have been a trip to the dealer for a simple warranty fix. NOT now... Sensors are on Backorder Worldwide with NO eta for when they will be able to fix the Van. So my brand new van now sits at the dealer awaiting a part along with a bunch of others.... I hope this gets resolved soon. MBUSA will need to address soon!

Smithrep

Seasaltprojects
Update from El Cajon Mercedes this am...... NO ETA. Told me to wait for a call and update NEXT WEEK.
Pray your NOX Sensors do not fail~

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
Would you happen to have part # ?
Almost all older Bluetecs in USA have old Nox sensors replaced with new generation sensor, so I wonder what they put on in 2021 ?

Smithrep

Seasaltprojects
I do not, I had to leave the van at Dealership. I was leaving for a Trip the afternoon the fault happened, Southern California trip to Northern. I had to get a rental Tahoe to carry what I needed for the trip since my van that is only 60days old is now un drivable. The count down start ticker had gotten down to 6 by the time I got it to the dealership. I could not risk Limp mode on a 400 mile trip. So frustrating. I sold my 2011 to purchase this one, my 11 was amazing no problems. NOW parts shortage is keeping my new van stuck in a parking lot. I have seen others waiting MONTHS for a NOX I am nervous this is going to be a very long process and I really do not want to have a fight with MB USA or the dealer over a LEMON LAW buy back.. but I will if it crosses 30 days... I am sure they are happy to keep selling vans with the same part installed while all of us wait for them to come into stock for warranty or service. They should not be able to deliver a NEW van if they can not fix one previously sold.

Smithrep

Seasaltprojects
2021 Does not require AEM Modifications, this is a brand new van post any issues, simple NOX failure that should have been an easy fix, but there are no parts to fix world wide... but of course they keep building and shipping vans with the parts.. so anyone who has a failure will wait for an untold amount of time. Yes they provided me with a loaner vehicle, but if I really wanted a Tahoe I would have just bought one and not the Sprinter I paid for 60days ago. So frustrating..

Everyone keep your fingers crossed your do not have a failure of any part on your van, they are likely on back order too..

Sctn

2019 170 4x4 Crew-SMB West
Bummer. Mine did the same thing but March of 2020. It was a week old.
Sorry to hear that. Sucks bad

Smithrep

Seasaltprojects
No they cannot override it, it will simply trip again and force into Limp mode. Super frustrating. I reached out to other dealers here in Southern California over night to see if they have stock and can support the warranty fix, likely dealers are unwilling to trade stock as they all would rather collect the income from fixing vans. Hopefully one of them will get back with a INSTOCK bring it now message. So pissed a Mercedes for this issue. Take it off a unsold van. Ground it not mine and others who paid for them already....

Smithrep

Seasaltprojects
FYI Update: NO ETA STILL NO NOX Sensors in stock Globally.... MBUSA has been useless with help.. but they are super happy to keep shipping out new vans... Buyers beware if you have a problem you will have NO parts to fix the van under warranty... and it will sit until they decide its enough of a problem to find a solution. Dealers are happy they get to keep selling vans... those of us who paid for them get nothing but a SORRY supply does not exist. Pathetic. I will demand a LEMON LAW buy back if nothing is resolved and so should every other owner sitting waiting, maybe then they will take us seriously and ship parts to fix warranties not just build new vans that will also have NO support once driven off the LOT>

Smithrep

Seasaltprojects
Ok so El Cajon MB is now texting me updates everyday. NO ETA still from Mercedes Benz USA no update ETA for NOX Sensor. I will keep updating here to ...... European customers have been found on forums over there that have been waiting since June. I not like the sounds of that. Super frustrating. Pray nothing goes wrong with your van. Thank god I was local and not on the road when this happened..

98Firebird

Unfortunately there isn't even an ETA on the internal "top constrained parts" list which means that even the team working directly with the parts manufacturer has no ETA. If we start seeing them routinely in stock before the end of the year I would be surprised. Will try to remember to update this thread if an ETA shows up the next time they release an update.

Mrshakedown

I can see his point in doing so.

I mean if what he said is true, im inclined to think it probably is, I do agree with him a giant conglomerate like MBUSA should be racked over the coals publicly if they are putting parts in vans to sell when they have reca or know issues with their product and no parts are being allotted or provided for them.

I have zero sympathy for giant conglomerates like MB Ford Chevy P&G Kraft whatever it may be. They make enough money they can surely afford to take care of known problems with their products.

Seems to me with the current laws suit people are waiting to be paid on that MB doesn’t have a very good reputation.

Not sure we all need a daily update and prayer since not all of us are waiting.

avanti

2022 Ford Transit 3500
I just had the AEM done today. Other than software, it consisted of two NoX sensors. I infer that they are hoarding them for that purpose.

They also did the RV-specific rear wheel speed sensor recall, despite the fact that they called me last week and said they didn't have the parts. The service advisor said they got a small cache of them the other day.

Smithrep

Seasaltprojects
I do not have the part number but this is a BRAND New 2021 144 Crew 4cyl Diesel driven off the lot in early Aug with less then 2k miles. And now it is sitting at El Cajon MB and the entire data base claims there is NO Global stock to replace the NOx sensor in this brand new Van. I sold my 2011 after having the AEM repair, now regretting the upgrade to the new van that seems to have NO Warranty Parts Support. Would you knowing purchase anything NEW if you were told that if and when something goes wrong there will be NO parts to fix it. That is my point of posting this. Everyone who is lining up to purchase a NEW van should demand proof that they are going to make Warranty parts available to fix the new purchase or you all will end up like me with a brand new van sitting at the dealer with NO ETA for repair and NO resolution shy of a sorry from MBUSA. They just want to keep shipping new vans to more customers. Well enough problems will creep up and they will have to make a change. WE can all agree our vans are not with out their usual parts needs... this was a simply sensor failure.. we have all had them and not been that mad about it. But everyone will feel the same way if their van goes UNFixed with NO ETA for repair. Thank god its not my only Vehicle. But I bought it to use not for it to sit at the dealer where I paid for it.

I will keep updating as this drags on.

Top Bottom