Unity 2020 manual murphy bed

cbaarch

2016 Unity MB
on mine there is a strap on the right side that you need to pull to release the bolt that secures it in place.
and if it is a leisure lounge make sure there is nothing behind the seats of the floor.

Prestwickrod

2020 LTV Unity MB/VS30 (2019) MB Sprinter Chassis
My Murphy bed will not come all the way down. It is hanging up on something. Any ideas?. I am a newbie!
Try pulling the mattress up a bit. It could be getting caught on the flat headboard extension piece at the top of the bed.

Paula Turner

Thank you all so much for your responses. I recently lost my husband. He had always done everything for our motorhome. I have downsized to the LTV and am on an extreme learning curve. I am embarrassed to tell it but one of the arms from the recliners did not go all the way down,
so the bed was sitting on that. I did manage to screw down some extra straps to the bed to hold in the bedding as someone on here mention. I leave for my first solo camping trip this week..so stay tuned I may be reaching out again. I look forward to the day I can meet some of you fellow LTVers to travel with.. This site is so great.. Thanks again.

cbaarch

2016 Unity MB
hi
we were new to RVing last year so big learning curve and made a whole bunch of mistakes. This is a list so hopefully you do not have to got through those.
1. If you are using the travel lock. the end swivel has to swivel up and down especially at the outside. We had it so it swivelling side to side; it slide in the opening. Took 2 hrs to get it out with some tools I had; We also have a blue bungy cord on it to stretches to the coat hook behind the drive seat so we do not forget to take it out.

Travel Lock correct direction.jpg

2. The glasstop on the 2 burner stove shattered this last trip - I turned the knob to low (right) rather then off (left) and lowered the glass; the heat shattered the top in hundred of pieces. I now use a fridge magnet that is in a place that I need to move to close the glass. which is a reminder before lowering the glass. (we also do that at home)

3. We did not pay a lot of attention to how level the Unity was before taking out the slide. We now have a baggage door that is twisted. I now have the Clinometer app on Android that gives me the degrees instead of watching a bubble.

4. we got a 15A circuit tester with a 30A adapter to check the power pole before we plug in. Then we have learned to wait until the surge protector
does its thing before trying to use any plug. The 15A tester can be used inside to find out if the surge protector has started.

5. We made a list for each item that needs to be locked or closed or turned off/on before we drive off. starting from the back working to the front. List is attached as a pdf file.

Hopefully that might help on the things not to do which we had to discover and still seem to discover how to mess things up or how to work things better on each trip. So you are not alone.

Attachments

Peter Tourin

2020 Unity RL, ex 2012 Unity MB
Good travels and keep asking! This is a very supportive group for all sorts of questions and issues - Iʻve had quick responses for issues great and small - very handy when youʻre 2 miles from nowhere and something goes awry!

Paula Turner

Good travels and keep asking! This is a very supportive group for all sorts of questions and issues - Iʻve had quick responses for issues great and small - very handy when youʻre 2 miles from nowhere and something goes awry!
Peter, you are so right about this sight. So amazing to have the support so quickly and with understanding that newbies are anxious about their new adventure. I feel blessed with this group. The support gives me courage that I can do this and I am not alone out there.

Top Bottom