Adwag, Espar S2D2L and Goal Zero

vanhailing

@NoGoodAtAll @GYG @RVBarry
Question regarding your AdWag integrations. I have an AdWag kit that I’ll be installing in the next few weeks. I haven’t taken a deep dive into my kit yet, so my knowledge base is strictly theoretical. I’m lacking the practical experience, I’m trying to bridge the informational gaps before I begin my install.

AdWag states their electrical wiring harness “includes leads for two fans, six lights, four USB ports, four 12v ports, and two accessories (heater, sink, etc.)”. Did you wire up your Espar to one of the two accessory leads? I have an Engel DC fridge and Espar D2 and I intended to wire them both directly to the two AdWag accessory leads. I also have a Goal Zero 1000x and was planning on charging and keeping my GZ plugged directly into one of the AdWag 12v ports using my Goal Zero regulated lithium car charger. Is my intended plan possible? Thanks.
I'm only replying here because I have installed 85 percent of the adwagon kit and i'm installing the BluSea fused box below the crew seat and placing my GZ1000X next to it. I was planning on getting the GZ car link (roughly $400 dollars) and tapping that into the battery for the overflow as I go on adventures. I'm not doing "van life" it's mostly weekending adventures. I have heard, no experience that the fuse block below the seat with swivel mounts means you need to uninstall the seat to access the panel. That's the reason behind the move. How's your build combine or came out? Is your GZ charging enough for your adventures?
Thanks,
-Frank

Baldwin

I'm only replying here because I have installed 85 percent of the adwagon kit and i'm installing the BluSea fused box below the crew seat and placing my GZ1000X next to it. I was planning on getting the GZ car link (roughly $400 dollars) and tapping that into the battery for the overflow as I go on adventures. I'm not doing "van life" it's mostly weekending adventures. I have heard, no experience that the fuse block below the seat with swivel mounts means you need to uninstall the seat to access the panel. That's the reason behind the move. How's your build combine or came out? Is your GZ charging enough for your adventures?
Thanks,
-Frank
That’s correct. In older AdWag kits the fuse block is installed under the drivers seat. To access required either seat removal or remove/cut dust cover. HOWEVER the latest AdWag kits come with an E-Box kit. It’s a small white box that mounts on the outside/behind the driver seat and the AdWag fuse block sits inside the E-Box. Makes accessing the fuse block a breeze. Not sure when AdWag began shipping their kits with an E-Box, but I believe it was sometime in October. Contact AdWag and request an E-Box (I think they are under $50).

GP1

This did the trick. Wired both panels of lights into the unit. Now regardless of the 12v draw, the lights stay on! Next test is to wire in the fridge!
Thanks Grant.

grantwilson

FreedomVanGo
This did the trick. Wired both panels of lights into the unit. Now regardless of the 12v draw, the lights stay on! Next test is to wire in the fridge!
Thanks Grant.
there you go! Glad it worked. Just needed to balance out the draws

GP1

Need advice. Just got my GZ vehicle integration kit. The EC8 has a green and black to one terminal and a red and white to another ring terminal. So green/black to the negative battery post and red white through a fuse to the positive post? Is that it?I was expecting more complexity.

Separate question. 3000x GZ->Adwagon harness->bluesea fuse block. Does anyone chassis ground the blue sea fuse block or ground the GZ in any way?

Attachments

cantrideswitch

Need advice. Just got my GZ vehicle integration kit. The EC8 has a green and black to one terminal and a red and white to another ring terminal. So green/black to the negative battery post and red white through a fuse to the positive post? Is that it?I was expecting more complexity.

Separate question. 3000x GZ->Adwagon harness->bluesea fuse block. Does anyone chassis ground the blue sea fuse block or ground the GZ in any way?
I grounded everything to the chassis under the driver’s seat. Used two different posts under there. I bought an 80amp breaker and ditched the fuse block. I got the attached diagram from Adventure Wagon.

Attachments

cantrideswitch

Thanks Grant.
Thank you! I’m having the same issue, just ordered that regulator, thanks Grant.

Top Bottom