Northern California Fall Van Meetup Nov. 6th

RVguyRV

The Northern California Fall Van Meetup is on Saturday, November 6th. It is being held at the brand new Dumbarton Quarry Campground in Fremont from 11:30 to 4, with option to camp! This event for Sprinter, Transit, and ProMaster DIY vans. Due to East Bay Park rules we've had to reserve a paid area, and we'll also be serving a welcome barbecue lunch with a vegan option. We are strictly limited to the first 40 vans to formally RSVP, and no day-of attendance is available. To help offset the East Bay Parks fee and barbecue lunch costs, we're asking for $10 for each person attending, not per van.

This will be a casual get-together. As mentioned, we'll start with lunch on a large grass area, (bring your own chair and drinks), followed by an opportunity for everyone to tell folks about their vans. If you have special tips, tricks, or learnings to share we want to hear it. Anything to swap, give away or sell feel free to bring it along as well.

RSVP
To secure your spot send $10 via Venmo (only). Click: bit.ly/FallVanFest
Make sure to include your full name(s) and email in the note area. We need this information to send you any updates/changes, and info on where to park your van upon arrival. (Surprisingly, I had over 63 van owners, that missed the Spring meetup, send me messages asking to attend the next one. So don't miss out).

CAMPING
At our meetup in Livermore in February, everyone asked for a camping option to be available. After you send your RSVP, feel free to make your camping reservation here: https://bit.ly/3mbdxoJ
(Book exactly 4 weeks in advance).
There is a group picnic table area in the campground for our use at dinner (bring your own), as well as an amphitheater. Open to your ideas for evening activities. Any musicians? Bring lanterns!
60 sites are paved and have hookups for water, sewage, and electricity. (Yes, I know that most of us need don't need hook-ups). 3 sites are water only and unpaved. The campground has restrooms, hot showers, picnic tables.

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
We need your help in making this a great event. We need 10 -12 volunteers to help with setup, parking the vans safely, prepping salads, cooking hamburgers, and welcoming attendees with name tags. This simply won't work without your assistance. When you make your Venmo RSVP, add a note to let us know you can arrive early to lend a hand.

Within Coyote Hills Regional Park and next to the eastern shore of the San Francisco Bay in Fremont, is Dumbarton Quarry Campground on The Bay. There is a separate $5 vehicle entrance fee at the gate. If you're camping, the fee doesn't apply. Sorry, no refunds are available once you send in your RSVP.
Screenshot_20210928-102416_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210928-103242_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20210928-203839_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20210928-203929_Photos.jpg

lickwid

Learner
We just camped here a couple weekends ago. It's not the most outdoorsy, but it's clean (since it's new), free showers, RV hookups and dump station at each camp site. There is a small playground for kids, a large grass area for pets, and even an amphitheater. Great biking in adjacent Coyote Hills. I'll have to check out our schedule but we live pretty close by so would like to come check out some other vans.

RVguyRV

Venmo doesn’t recognize FallVanFest as a valid recipient.
Use the included link: Click on: bit.ly/FallVanFest
Please include your e-mail address and the type of van you have. We've had a tremendous response in the first 24 hours!

☆ Update - MS42, I'm glad the link worked for you. See you at the meetup. ☆

Last edited:

RVguyRV

31 folks have Rsvp'd in the 1st 3 days! Don't miss out, as space is limited. (You do not have to camp to join us for the meetup).
To secure your spot send $10 via Venmo (only). Click: bit.ly/FallVanFest
Make sure to include your full name(s) and email in the note area.

RVguyRV

Screenshot_20211007-120305_Chrome.jpg

Thanks to all the Northern California Transit, Sprinter, and ProMaster van owners that signed up. We can't wait to see all of the builds and meet you. Registration for has been closed because we have reached the maximum number allowed by East Bay Parks.
(We're sorry that we can't allow day-of folks showing up).

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
View attachment 196403

Thanks to all the Northern California Transit, Sprinter, and ProMaster van owners that signed up. We can't wait to see all of the builds and meet you. Registration for has been closed because we have reached the maximum number allowed by East Bay Parks.
(We're sorry that we can't allow day-of folks showing up).
Ah, man! Now all the punch and pies I bought will go to waste!

HarryN

Just checking - sounds like more van spots are not available, but what about bringing more guests in the same van and not eating?

Paying in the $10 for the guest is a no problem.

HarryN

I had a good time at the event - getting away from the day to day and chatting with others about vans.

This event was a mix of promasters, transits, sprinters and some older style vans - at every possible stage of completion from blank slates to purchased RVs. More promasters than I had expected.

Even one sprinter attended that I have been helping with a fairly healthy electrical system. :)

Last edited:

RVguyRV

Please see this post for update on this event with 32 vans. Screenshot_20211106-225913_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20211106-225744_Photos.jpg

Top Bottom