CONTRACTORS

• Thread starter Deleted member 50714
  • Start date

4wheeldog

2018 144" Tall Revel
The fake economy, booming off of cheap money, you think the inflation is bad now, wait until they put off raising the interest rates for a couple of years. Going to be hyperinflation by then. Then they will start a war to distract you.
You RWNJs always play chicken little when democrats are in power. But in the end, you are always wrong. The last two Republican Presidents crashed the economy. And democrats brought it back with booms.

D

Deleted member 50714

Is marijuana legal today?
And you p

When law tend to make twisted turns, I disagree with immoral part.
Rationalization. So, according to your logic murder is acceptabl

Would you not have illegal immigrants competition in this country, most of contractors would charge what MB dealers do.
Maybe maybe not.

How would you like that?
Depends .

It is healthy competition who made this country great.

Too bad it happen over 100 years ago.

Hiring licensed contractor is NOT taking you off liability issues.
Most of them hire illegal helpers and when one of those will get injured in your house - you are on the hook.

When signing the contract you suppose to check contractor's workers compensation insurance.
How many homeowners do that?

They quote the job 3X the market price........
Yep.
And then the contractor is generally still disappointed if they get the job.

A buddy tells the story where he literally bumped the price 10 times once and still got the job. Privately he still complained about the customer, but every comment was followed by, "But the pay makes it worth it". (He never bid another job for that particular customer.)

vic

flman

You RWNJs always play chicken little when democrats are in power. But in the end, you are always wrong. The last two Republican Presidents crashed the economy. And democrats brought it back with booms.
Here's back to you, and conservatives don't plaster stickers all over their cars like libtards.

LWNJ
Left Wing Nut Job. A person who removes reasoning, logic, and common sense from their decision making process, instead basing their decisions solely on emotional responses.

Fits you to a tee.

Just wait for it, its all artificial, and the bill will come due soon. How much monopoly money can you print? How much cheap money can you loan out?

4wheeldog

2018 144" Tall Revel
Here's back to you, and conservatives don't plaster stickers all over their cars like libtards.

LWNJ
Left Wing Nut Job. A person who removes reasoning, logic, and common sense from their decision making process, instead basing their decisions solely on emotional responses.

Fits you to a tee.

Just wait for it, its all artificial, and the bill will come due soon. How much monopoly money can you print? How much cheap money can you loan out?
Oh, I am a true fiscal conservative. That is someone that understands that you have to pay your bills. "Conservatives" somehow believe that cutting taxes solves a deficit situation. What we really need to do is match our spending to our income. Which requires cutting military spending, and reasonable tax rates. But "All taxes are theft" faux libertarians like you will never understand that.

flman

Oh, I am a true fiscal conservative. That is someone that understands that you have to pay your bills. "Conservatives" somehow believe that cutting taxes solves a deficit situation. What we really need to do is match our spending to our income. Which requires cutting military spending, and reasonable tax rates. But "All taxes are theft" faux libertarians like you will never understand that.
Before Fauci brought his virus from Wuhan, we had the greatest economy in 50 years, now we have a bunch of leeches that don't want to work, and shortages everywhere.

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
Don't know about great economy 2 years ago.
Las Vegas had (and still has) $300,000 houses with $600,000 mortgages on them.

4wheeldog

2018 144" Tall Revel
Before Fauci brought his virus from Wuhan, we had the greatest economy in 50 years, now we have a bunch of leeches that don't want to work, and shortages everywhere.
Since you are so far removed from reality that you believe Trump's government imported a virus, just to ruin the economy.......We really have nothing to discuss.

Tom Tint

Im a contractor. I can sympathize with your experience with other types of them and how easily they discard people. That said, I always do my absolute best to call or email people back asap. Our issue is that we are primarily a commercial contractor and I just don't have the time to deal with homeowners. The typical homeowner project is a fraction of a commercial job and typically takes 4x more effort and hand holding to complete. Our go to response to homeowners now , when they want "free estimates" is to send us pictures and dimensions 9 dimensions if possible ) of what they want done. At that point I will give them a between and between number. If they are still interested and want to move forward, we will arrange a site visit to pick up a deposit and then schedule the job.
This method maximizes my time and efforts. Sometimes we get pictures of jobs we just don't want to get involved in. Pics save me hours and dollars of down time. Sometimes people have no idea what a service can cost and are just fishing for the cheapest guy on the block..This screening method also flushes this customer out.

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
Im a contractor. I can sympathize with your experience with other types of them and how easily they discard people. That said, I always do my absolute best to call or email people back asap. Our issue is that we are primarily a commercial contractor and I just don't have the time to deal with homeowners. The typical homeowner project is a fraction of a commercial job and typically takes 4x more effort and hand holding to complete. Our go to response to homeowners now , when they want "free estimates" is to send us pictures and dimensions 9 dimensions if possible ) of what they want done. At that point I will give them a between and between number. If they are still interested and want to move forward, we will arrange a site visit to pick up a deposit and then schedule the job.
This method maximizes my time and efforts. Sometimes we get pictures of jobs we just don't want to get involved in. Pics save me hours and dollars of down time. Sometimes people have no idea what a service can cost and are just fishing for the cheapest guy on the block..This screening method also flushes this customer out.
Plus, for me, I always ask them for their budget. This often saves me from even attempting to a quote. If they want or expect gold plating and marble in their complete bathroom reno for $10k, I pass......

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 50714

D

Deleted member 50714

Plus, for me, I always ask them for their budget. This often saves me from even attempting to a quote. If they want or expect gold plating and marble in their bathroom for $10k, I pass......
When contractors ask me what’s my budget, I tell the swamp creature it’s confidential and job goes to lowest bidder.

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
If you can't put marble in bathroom for less than $10k, that makes you lousy contractor.
Its been few years since I retired, but I used to buy marble for $2-3 per sq.
Or $150 -250 marble cost to line up standard tub.

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
If you can't put marble in bathroom for less than $10k, that makes you lousy contractor.
Its been few years since I retired, but I used to buy marble for $2-3 per sq.
Or $150 -250 marble cost to line up standard tub.
Talk less, or do yourself some justice by waiting 10 minutes after your compose your post, then reread the post you are replying to, read yours and decide if you should post it or perhaps edit it......

Tom Tint

When contractors ask me what’s my budget, I tell the swamp creature it’s confidential and job goes to lowest bidder.
Im by no means the cheapest in my trade but I believe I provide value for our fees. If I can give you a tip when dealing with contractors. Understand that their time..as well as yours is valuable. If you are intact looking for the cheapest guy out there. Tell the contractor up front and save both of you some time and grief. We have had people allude to just that and I tell them right away that we are not going to be their best option. I believe they appreciate the blunt honesty and there is little wasted time on either end.

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
Talk less, or do yourself some justice by waiting 10 minutes after your compose your post, then reread the post you are replying to, read yours and decide if you should post it or perhaps edit it......
You claim to be bussines owner, yet you can't pass 3 grade level in your replies?

Top Bottom