Mercedes of Georgetown, TX: Very helpful

FrankS

the 'Check Engine Light' came on on my new Sprinter. Made a service appointment with MB of Georgetown, TX (just North of Austin, on I-35) for early October. On the phone, they said I can swing by any time (Mon - Fri), even without an appointment, to have the error code read and potentially even cleared.
So, last Thursday I rolled in, quickly explained to the Sprinter Service Advisor (they have an entire building dedicated to Sprinters, not sure if this is a good or bad sign ;)) and he said there will be a 30-45 mins wait but they will for sure take a look.
well, it only took them about 5minutes to hook up their diag tool, figure out what the problem was (EGR, what else...) and have the error cleared. Since I have cleaned the EGR prior to the visit, I am really hoping the error doesn't come back, at least not in the near future. and if it doesn't come back on until next week, I am going to cancel my official service appointment.

Thank you Mercedes of Georgetown for your quick and professional assistance. :thumbup:

FrankS

after my initial post, above, from Sept.'21, the 'Check Engine Light' came on a few more times, mostly when temperatures were on the cooler side (below 62°F, yes, that is 'cool' here in Texas).
I haven't had a chance making a service appointment until this week. Called MB of Georgetown Tuesday afternoon, got booked in for first thing Wednesday (i.e. the next day!), they got it all fixed by Wed evening. All parts were in stock, this being the main one:
Changeover Flap - Mercedes-Benz (642140030064)

GermanRedBaron

after my initial post, above, from Sept.'21, the 'Check Engine Light' came on a few more times, mostly when temperatures were on the cooler side (below 62°F, yes, that is 'cool' here in Texas).
I haven't had a chance making a service appointment until this week. Called MB of Georgetown Tuesday afternoon, got booked in for first thing Wednesday (i.e. the next day!), they got it all fixed by Wed evening. All parts were in stock, this being the main one:
Changeover Flap - Mercedes-Benz (642140030064)
Hi "Happy New Year To All " I'm a Customer also I'm very happy with Service Dept. Kyle is always ready to help

Top Bottom