Multiple Electronic Failures

RJ Trujillo

We own a brand new 2021 Freightliner 144. It has less than 600 miles on it. Got in it this morning to fire it up and my dash warnings are as follows:
Low Range Failure
Lane Assist Failure
Traction Control Failure
Etc. there’s three more I can’t even remember. Called my local dealership to ask if I should drive it to the shop (low range failure) and they said they weren’t sure if it was safe to drive. Anybody else ever had this issue??? They can’t get me in for a week.

irvingj

2015 RT SS Agile (3.0L)
That sure sounds a lot like a wheel speed sensor (WSS) failure, but I haven't heard of that on newer VS30 Sprinters -- mostly on NCV3s with dual wheels -- but when one of those goes, it seems to trigger a slew of warnings, most often lane assist, cruise control, ABS , etc. Sounds like you'll have to wait for the dealer, unfortunately. Good luck.

Vader170

Use the battery disconnect by the gas pedal to reset your electrical system. You will probably be back to normal when you reconnect your battery to the van's electrical system and it reboots. Sprinters have electrical gremlins. Most of them can be fixed with a reboot.

GLJones

Might be a bad battery as well. Many of these vans sat waiting for parts, recalls, and EPA approvals. Several months sitting can damage the battery if it is not maintained...and I really doubt they did. Dealership will sort you out.

... Called my local dealership to ask if I should drive it to the shop (low range failure) and they said they weren’t sure if it was safe to drive.
Unless a tow/flatbed is covered under the warranty I would take it for a slow speed test drive. If all operates normally then try a bit higher speed nearby. Chances are very good that the failure warning is not designed to self destruct when some components go wonky. If something serious is wrong the computer(s) will set LHM to protect the drive train.

vic

Pharkas

2020 Passenger 4x4 144
We own a brand new 2021 Freightliner 144. It has less than 600 miles on it. Got in it this morning to fire it up and my dash warnings are as follows:
Low Range Failure
Lane Assist Failure
Traction Control Failure
Etc. there’s three more I can’t even remember. Called my local dealership to ask if I should drive it to the shop (low range failure) and they said they weren’t sure if it was safe to drive. Anybody else ever had this issue??? They can’t get me in for a week.
Just went out to start my van and same exact thing. Starting with Low Range malfunction, then it seems like every single option I have on the van flashes that it is failing. I'll go shoot a video.

Pharkas

2020 Passenger 4x4 144
This is crazy timing. Appointments are 1 month out now and I have my State Inspection on Thursday! (Not at the dealership). If I were to disconnect my battery to try to reset the computer then I will have to drive it around until all the emission systems cycle in order for it to pass inspection. I think the only light not illuminated is the check engine light. So I'm hoping it will pass NYS inspection as is.

Top Bottom