Michelin Agilis Crossclimate tread life

tobi

The Michelin Crossclimate have now been out for several years. I am trying to get some real world experience about tread life.
Please report how many miles/km you have on the Michelin agilis Crossclimate or how many miles/km you got out of a set; as well as year of your vehicle, and type of Sprinter (eg. Class C motorhome, 2500 van etc.)

I am lookgin for this information as I need new tires, the BF Goodrich tires the 2008 Winnebago View came with (I purchased the vehicle used, and prior owner put these on it) are worn out.

I was considering the Michelin Agilis Crossclimate, however am concerned with tread life of these tires. The michelin tires meet the standards for snow tires, mountain with snow leaf in it. I have previously used "all season" tires that also came with snow leaf in mountain on other vehicles, and had very poor tire tread life. My past experience indicates that "all season" tires that meet winter standards just wear very quick, likely due to softer tire compound. I have also seen some negative review for tread life of the Michelin Agilis Crossclimate.

az7000'

We are in a motorhome, will probably time out before tread out... 20K miles in 3 years and look new, Defender LTX M/S. Got them for 1/2 price due to sidewall cracking on the tires that were on it for 5 years since mfg date, Michelin warranty is 6 years...

Once you figure this out let us know about which oil is best ! ;) :ROFLMAO: :oops:

tobi

We are in a motorhome, will probably time out before tread out... 20K miles in 3 years and look new, Defender LTX M/S. Got them for 1/2 price due to sidewall cracking on the tires that were on it for 5 years since mfg date, Michelin warranty is 6 years...

Once you figure this out let us know about which oil is best ! ;) :ROFLMAO: :oops:
The Defender LTX is not available in the 215/85r16 size I need. The Defender has a mileage warranty of about 70,000 miles I believe. The Agilis Crossclimate has no wear out warranty. . Since 99% of my driving will not see snow, I am more concerned with tire tread life then getting traction in snow (I do want got wet pavement traction and handling). If the Crossclimate lasts as long as the defender, it would be a great choice.

az7000'

225/75 R16 is what we have, good luck!Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 10.11.59 AM.png

glasseye

I've been running "all seasons" LTX Michelins for nearly 170K miles. If you're looking for max tread life, these aren't the tires for you.
I continue to buy them for security and handling in "all seasons", for which I've never been disappointed.

elemental

Wherever you go, there you are.
I just bought a set of Agilis CrossClimate tires for my 2500 170" van at Costco to replace the original Kumhos at about 38k miles. $800 tires-only out the door (after a $150 rebate) from Costco, then mounted/balanced/installed for $50 (after a $150 service discount) at a local Mercedes dealer, along with a $180 alignment to correct a mild camber/toe problem.

I don't see snow often enough to get dedicated snows, but do see it often enough (and when going over restricted mountain passes) that I need the snow rating. No tread life warranty (i.e., the lack of the tread life warranty) is a risk, but as long as I get 40k miles or so out of them I'll be happy. I only have about 1,000 miles on them, so no help to you with respect to ultimate tread life.

Last edited:

Flagster

I've been running "all seasons" LTX Michelins for nearly 170K miles. If you're looking for max tread life, these aren't the tires for you.
I continue to buy them for security and handling in "all seasons", for which I've never been disappointed.
I have been running the LTX at2 Michelins on our 2015 4x4...
Highly recommended in snow and slushy mud with more in depth reviews in other posts... I saw 80,000 miles + on the first set...replaced in 2020 with the same (245 75 r 17s) and still very happy

Last edited:

tobi

Unfortunately the Michelin LTX AT2 tires do not seem to be available in the 215/85R16 size. I just was on the michelin website and found the Michelin X LT A/S tire with 115,000 km warranty. Might see if I can locate some of these Michelin X LT A/S as they may be a better option then Michelin Agilis Crossclimate for tread life. I do not know if the Michelin X LT A/S is a new tire as having troubles finding it.

tobi

Correction, in the Michelin X 215/85R16 which is speed rated R, the tread wear warranty is only 80,000km .

williaaz

2016 Coachman Prism 24G
I did a lot of research along the same lines back in March. I fully intended to still go with the Michelin CrossClimate even though there were few reviews and a lot concurning the tread ware. I used a local tire shop that deals specifically with oversized trucks and motor homes for the service. The sales representative talked me out of the CrossClimate due to the negative feedback he was receiving. I went with his recommendation and purchased the Firestone Transforce HT2 tires which was considerably cheaper (about $600) than the Michelin's. I have driven on them for about 5500 mile and the ride is great and the road noise is very quiet. So far I have been very pleased, but I cannot speak for the tread ware life of them yet. Good luck with you tire search.

Top Bottom