Need help with Autel AP200 code scanner [phone connect]

Sprinter Snail

2005 144 Freightliner
Was trying to install application to read codes on my Freightliner-Benz 2006. The phone is Pixel 4. After application was installed account created and tool bind successfully application stays in VCI Manager page or can be switched back to login page.
Is it any special requirements for Android OS? Customer support is useless.

marklg

Was trying to install application to read codes on my Freightliner-Benz 2006. The phone is Pixel 4. After application was installed account created and tool bind successfully application stays in VCI Manager page or can be switched back to login page.
Is it any special requirements for Android OS? Customer support is useless.
You have to connect to the dongle. Does the indicator say you are connected? It won't run any software besides maybe the demo if it is not talking both to Autel and the dongle.

Regards,

Mark

Sprinter Snail

2005 144 Freightliner
You have to connect to the dongle. Does the indicator say you are connected? It won't run any software besides maybe the demo if it is not talking both to Autel and the dongle.

Regards,

Mark
Yes, dongle or they call it tool is connected to the phone, and bind to account.
My concern is when application was loaded it was pop up message "this application might not work correctly on your phone"
I don't know is this message was generated by application or the phone OS. If Android is the problem then what version will work.

marklg

Yes, dongle or they call it tool is connected to the phone, and bind to account.
My concern is when application was loaded it was pop up message "this application might not work correctly on your phone"
I don't know is this message was generated by application or the phone OS. If Android is the problem then what version will work.
It works on my Pixel3 XL with Android 11. Autel is very slow to update for new versions of Android. It took about 6 months after release of Android 10 if I do remember correctly for them to support it.

Note, it needs location permission to work, maybe others

Regards,

Mark

Sprinter Snail

2005 144 Freightliner
It works on my Pixel3 XL with Android 11. Autel is very slow to update for new versions of Android. It took about 6 months after release of Android 10 if I do remember correctly for them to support it.

Note, it needs location permission to work, maybe others

Regards,

Mark
I have Android 11 as well.
Location and phone contacts book? permission were granted. I have older cellphone which not in use now but probably it's will not work.
Returned dongle back and ordered new. If it helps.
Need to check CEL and re program keys.

DIYRV2020

I assume your android phone had internet connection when you tried to use the Autel app, I am not sure if you will need the network connection the whole time but certainly in login phase.

Anyway that is my experience since I also use an old android phone and mine doesn’t have service, I have to tether it to my cellphone to use the app.

Sprinter Snail

2005 144 Freightliner
I assume your android phone had internet connection when you tried to use the Autel app, I am not sure if you will need the network connection the whole time but certainly in login phase.

Anyway that is my experience since I also use an old android phone and mine doesn’t have service, I have to tether it to my cellphone to use the app.
Yes. Phone was on wi-fi connection with home router. Over 100 gig memory available.
Network connection needs all the time you open application, no off line option is available.

az7000'

2007 Navion on a 2006 3500 chassis
I was told I needed to disconnect from all wifi and BT, pain as my watch is always connected. I battled (autel customer service and the dongle) them for a year or so, gave up. If you have time to return it do it and throw down the extra $40 for this. I just bought it today, chose the autel instead of the iCarsoft as it is supposed to help you out with what the codes mean, invaluable when out of service.

Autel OBDII OBD2 Code Reader Diaglink (DIY Version of MD802) All Systems/Modules Diagnostic for ABS, SRS, Engine, Transmission, EPB, Oil Reset

Top Bottom