Rented a Promaster for a few days and 1000 miles

Haha
The prices you post are already too much for some!
And there are plenty of diesel variants still floating around which the Dodge/FCA dealerships are reluctant to repair even giving them the sign of Dracula. The diesel variant hence is still very much a shop repair player !

I can post some variant comparative pricing between components on Sprinters and Promasters if you want!
As a primer how's about a 2014 RAM Promaster versus Sprinter DPF.
Sprinter DPF $ 3015 plus sundries $89, and labor (plus maybe a sensor @$125,) to R,R & teach in/ SCN code $1050 plus tax $4279
Promaster $5300 plus $12 sundries plus $1575 labor content (you have to drop the subframe to extract it ) $6887
I bet that would make you grunt.
Dennis
Not sure where you buy your Promaster parts, but this is off of Mopar Parts online and they are selling the DPF for $2812.50….
1637607434110.png

lindenengineering

The price I quoted is the retail price from the dealer
That is what you will pay if you present the van to a Mopar dealer.
Equally I compared that to an MB dealer pricing on a Sprinter comparing EGGS TO EGGS.
Not shopping in the aftermarket.
Dennis

• Thanks
Reactions: ECU

lindenengineering

Continuing with the diesel variant, really its the only "fair" way to compare eggs to eggs.
We have had yet another diesel Ram Promaster variant in with limp mode drivability problems.
This makes three diesels in three months.
The last one
A 2014 specimen with 85,000 and a real BEPSAS neglected specimen. (they all seem to be like this.)
This animal needed a new DPF or a clean out. Plus an extensive C class service
In this case we had it (DPF) in the Take 'n Bake coming out clean with hardly any restriction.
With a new differential pressure sensor and a unique sensor to Ram Promaster, this Particulate /Ash sensor installed for $360 & it was ready to roll again.
On the plus side you don't have to go through the MB SCN coding, just re-set it all with factory style scan tool.
But the work involved in getting the DPF out and back in, means dropping the subframe a few inches .
This repair compared favorably to a 2008 pre DEF Sprinter on costs at about $3500 for everything.
Dennis

lindenengineering

PEBSAS
Problem Exists Between Steering Wheel and Seat ,
Neglected, he or she who neglects the thing, and never changes the oil, nor adds DEF fluid in a timely manner.
And the oft excuse.
I dunno I just work here and drive this POS! :devilish:
Not my responsibility !
OK
I got it !
Dennis

lindenengineering

Getting some more !
Turning up with now more frequent requests for service and repair.
We are as they say in UK Indian Curry houses around Nottingham:- "We are Ram Jam packet full Sahib!"
If we are not careful these Ram vans are going to outnumber Sprinters in the shop.
Dennis

Top Bottom