newbie with sprinter-pls some help to start

majkl

Hello,
I am going to buy a sprinter 214 and want to know how to recognice which exactly i have to know what to look for by parts, upgrades, posibilities etc... I know, that it is from 21-12-2017 and it looks like 105kW engine.... is it for this some another numbers? because i was looking somewhere because of insurance, and there was only 214 sprintor up to 2006 year so I want to know more info about car body, engine and next important thing when want to talk about it... thanks a lot.... ;)

majkl

Hello, thanks...
what do you mean about configuration? What to do first after buy, what to be careful to or what is to do the best for upgrades...
it looks like this:

Model 214 KA 4X2 3250
Engine 651955 34 465038
Transmission 711680 R0 041600
Order Number 7 7 362 10412
Order Location LUEG GMBH (BOCHUM)
Production Number 6187879
Paint 1 PAINT COLOR, BRIL.SILVER METALLIC MB 9744 (9744)
Release Date 2017-11-23
Delivery Date 2017-11-23
Code Description
280K AIR-COOLED ALTERNATOR, 180A
362L LUEG GMBH (BOCHUM)
411 6-SPEED MANUAL TRANS.
581 AUTOMATIC CLIMATE CONTROL
927 EURO 6 TECHNOLOGY EXHAUST GAS CLEANING
9744 PAINT COLOR, BRIL.SILVER METALLIC MB 9744
AI1 STEUERCODE HINTERACHSE TELLERRAD 215
AR2 AXLE RATIO I = 3.923
BB9 ELECTRONIC STABILITY PROGRAM (ESP9I)
C906 CHASSIS 906
D51 CONT. COMPRTMNT.WALL WITH 1 WINDOW
E07 HILL-START ASSIST
E33 BATTERY MANAGEMENT
E46 PLUG SOCKET IN CAB
ED4 ABSORBENT GLASS MAT BATTERY 12 V 92 AH
EL8 TWO-WAY LOUDSPEAKER FRONT
EN7 AUDIO 15
ES0 JUMP START CONTACT
EZ8 PARKTRONIC
F49 WINDSHIIELD HEATED
F61 INSIDE REARVIEW MIRROR
F66 LOCKABLE GLOVE COMPARTMENT
F68 HEATED AND ELECTRICALLY ADJUSTABLE OUTSIDE MIRROR
F906 MODEL SERIES 906 - VAN NCV3
FF5 STOWAGE BOX/TRAY ABOVE WINDSHIELD
FG8 CUP HOLDER(S), FRONT
FKA PANEL VAN
FZ5 ANTI-THEFT ALARM SYSTEM
GD8 6-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION ECO GEAR 360
H16 SEAT HEATER FOR DRIVER
H21 ALL-RND.HEAT ABSORB.GL.W.BAND FLTR ON FR.WINDOW
H22 HEATED REAR WINDOW
HH9 SEMI-AUTOMATICALLY CONTROLLED TEMPMATIC A/C
HI1 CLIMATE ZONE 1 (COLD/COMFORT)
IB4 SERIES PRODUCTION C906 SPRINTER
IG3 SPRINTER STANDARD
IK0 COMPLETE VEHICLE
IL1 INLAND (GERMANY)
IL4 EU/EFTA REGION
IL5 LEFT-HAND STEERING
IL6 METALLIC FINISH
IR2 WHEELBASE 3200 MM (CODE FORMING BM)
IT3 3.0-TON VEHICLE
J10 SPEEDOMETER KM/H
J58 SEAT BELT WARNING SYSTEM FOR DRIVER SEAT
J65 OUTSIDE TEMPERATURE INDICATOR
JA5 LIGHT AND RAIN SENSOR
JA8 CROSSWIND ASSIST
JG0 SHIFT POINT INDICATOR
JW6 ASSYST SERVICE INTERVAL INDICATOR
K204 LOW-EMISSION VEHICLE EURO 6 GR. III
KP1 FUEL PUMP, ELECTRIC, CONTROLLED
L LEFT-HAND STEERING
L13 FRONT FOG LAMP WITH CORNERING LIGHT
LB5 CENTER HIGH-MOUNTED BRAKE LAMP
LD0 OVERHEAD CONTROL PANEL WITH 2 READING SPOTLIGHTS
LE1 ADAPTIVE BRAKE LIGHTS
LG5 DAY DRIVING LIGHT
LX5 EUROPE
M49 ALTERNATOR 14 V / 180 A
MA6 VEHICLE, LOW-EMISSION ACCORDING TO EU 6 GR III
MI2 ENGINE OM 651 DE 22 LA 105 KW (143 HP) 3800 RPM
ML5 ALTERNATOR MANAGEMENT PLUS
MS1 TEMPOMAT (CRUISE CONTROL)
RF8 TIRE MANUFACTURER MICHELIN (80)
RG3 TIRES 205/75 R16C
RM7 SUMMER TIRES
RS6 STEEL WHEELS 5.5J X 16
S22 DRIVER'S SEAT ARMREST
S23 CO-DRIVER'S SEAT DOUBLE OCCUPANCY
SA5 AIRBAG DRIVER SIDE
SA6 CO-DRIVER'S AIR BAG
SB1 DRIVER SEAT, COMFORT
T16 SLIDING DOOR RIGHT
T77 LOAD COMP.SLID.DOOR ENTRANCE GRAB HANDLE AT PRT.WL
T86 ENTRANCE GRAB AT CORNER PILLAR AT RIGHT REAR
V43 WOOD FLOOR
V85 SMOKER PACKAGE
VA7 STOWAGE COMPARTMENT WITH NET IN REAR-END DOORS
VY2 BLACK TUNJA FABRIC
W61 WINDOW IN LIFTGATE/REAR-END DOORS
W73 REAR-END DOOR STEP
WM2 STEUERCODE WERK
WM3 STEUERCODE WERK
WN9 STEUERCODE WERK
X30 REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE, PART II
XC9 COC PAPERS
XI6 MODIFICATION YEAR 6 - I
XM0 MODEL IMPROVEMENT
XO9 MERCEDES-BENZ MOBILOVAN WITH DSB AND RUST-TH.WARR.
XU1 PLATES / PRINTED MATERIALS GERMAN
XV0 STEUERCODE - BZM PRUEFUNG
XZ1 MODEL GENERATION 1
Y10 FIRST AID BAG
Y44 HAZARD WARNING TRIANGLE
Z41 APPROVAL AS TRUCK
ZM0 PANEL VAN

Last edited:

sailquik

majkl,
The data card you pulled has all the available information from the DAIMLER Int'l Vehicles database.
Since you are looking for a 2018 ( Build date 21-12-2017) probably after the assembly plant has switched to the
2018 year model) and you are looking for 214 CDI I will take guess that you are in Europe as this is a Germany spec Sprinter.
Sprinters built for the Euro/German market go by a different set of numbers than the USA specification Sprinters.
A "214" series Sprinter has a 3250 mm wheelbase which is similar to the the T1N W904 Series 118"Wheelbase "Shorty" USA spec Sprinters except this is the NCV3 version with a 128" wheelbase.
Here is the designation:
Model 214 KA 4X2 3250
This translates to an NCV3 series (906); KA=Passenger or crew van most often, but not always; 4x2= rear wheel
drive; 3250 is the wheelbase= 128 inch wheelbase.
This makes the 214 Sprinter a "shorty" and you are correct. There have never been any "shorty" 128"(3250 mm)
wheel base NCV3 (W906) Sprinters shipped to the USA with USA specifications.
You are also correct that here were W904 "Shorty" T1N Sprinters (Model years 2000-2006) the had USA specs and
while rare there are still quite a few of them running around the USA.
What VIN (or FIN) number did you use to get the download of the data card.
What parts are you planning to replace/up-grade?
You have every thing you need just get in it and drive it.
Do some Google searches on 214 CDI MB Sprinter. There are lots of photos of the short wheelbase Sprinter on the
EURO and UK dealers web pages.
Hope this helps,
Roger

Last edited:

majkl

Hello....
at first thanks a lot for a lot of information.. i need to translate it into technician slang to understand, what do you exactly mean.... (my problem)
next, yes, i am from europe and i am from czech republic...
i had to buy shorty because of limited dimensions of garage
i am looking for some cheap upgrade of reverse camera
i wish to it will be able to configure behaviour of DRL to it will turn on back of car with daylight but i dont know, if it will be possible. I suppose, that it is absolute stupidity to have only front shining without back - back is much important than front, but laws are made by absolute idiots and its the reason, why this world is so big tragedy :(
in upgrades i want that camera and if there will be something what sprinter users usually do to improve using this van, I wil be glad to see that.. I am missing temperatures of water and oil, so if there is some way, how to get that informations to have better information, when i can go full power of engine to not hurt it and maximize lifetime without service, i will be very gald...
if there will be some information about best rpm of engine, where it have good power and optimized fuel consumption, it will be aslo good info for me... I have old Honda Civic Shuttle from 1990 ant there is best 3000-4000 rpm where the engine is in somewhere of half between redline and idling and is ready to get the really good acceleration when i need and also have best ratio on speed and fuel consumption... is it here similar? look for limiter/redline and have a half between idling or is it elsewhere?
this is what i have now in my head and havent found answers yet.... thanks a lot to all from this forum, who try to help me. I dont write in english a lot of time, CZ forums are very poor for this, so maybe i practice olso my english here ;)

Vman

Hello....
at first thanks a lot for a lot of information.. i need to translate it into technician slang to understand, what do you exactly mean.... (my problem)
next, yes, i am from europe and i am from czech republic...
i had to buy shorty because of limited dimensions of garage
i am looking for some cheap upgrade of reverse camera
i wish to it will be able to configure behaviour of DRL to it will turn on back of car with daylight but i dont know, if it will be possible. I suppose, that it is absolute stupidity to have only front shining without back - back is much important than front, but laws are made by absolute idiots and its the reason, why this world is so big tragedy :(
in upgrades i want that camera and if there will be something what sprinter users usually do to improve using this van, I wil be glad to see that.. I am missing temperatures of water and oil, so if there is some way, how to get that informations to have better information, when i can go full power of engine to not hurt it and maximize lifetime without service, i will be very gald...
if there will be some information about best rpm of engine, where it have good power and optimized fuel consumption, it will be aslo good info for me... I have old Honda Civic Shuttle from 1990 ant there is best 3000-4000 rpm where the engine is in somewhere of half between redline and idling and is ready to get the really good acceleration when i need and also have best ratio on speed and fuel consumption... is it here similar? look for limiter/redline and have a half between idling or is it elsewhere?
this is what i have now in my head and havent found answers yet.... thanks a lot to all from this forum, who try to help me. I dont write in english a lot of time, CZ forums are very poor for this, so maybe i practice olso my english here ;)
Co potrebujes zjistit ? " Couldn't resist to write in czech ;). Your english is just fine. You should be able to bring up temperature of water on the display. Not sure if Euro models have same controls for display. Do you have steering wheel controls / buttons ?

majkl

Ahoj, ted jsi mne trochu dostal a nevím, jestli psát česky nebo ne...
So, I have classic steering wheel without buttons and "basic" display" without matrix dot system...

sailquik

major,
Check the shape/configuration of your OBD (On Board Diagnostics) port under the LH side of your dash board.
Then purchase a Scan Gauge II or something similar to give you an electronic readout of many of the parameters
(like coolant temp/ % engine Load/ Fuel Flow (LPH)) and plug it into the OBD port.
Then you will have all the information needed to drive your Sprinter sensibly and economically.
The most efficient engine RPM for your 140 HP OM-651 is in the 1600-2400 RPM range.
Since you have the 6 speed manual transmission, and also a "JG0 SHIFT POINT INDICATOR" you may be able to use
that as the "best" guidance.
Not sure if you have a full Owner's Manual in CZ to figure some of your questions out, but you probably can download the German Owner's Manual and use a translation app to get it into CZ.
Hope this helps,
Roger

majkl

Hallo,
my father have some diagnostics, but with poor matrix display, so it looks, that i will not care about it and drive between 1600-2400 RPM ;)
I dont have manual in CZ, car is from DE, and it is terrible to use it for me... I finally found EN manual, so tried to find some info, but not yet all. I suppose, that there are not all info what i need, so i am looking now for next informations for my answers... (thich oil, collant etc....)
But thanks a lot, I have now car "at home", will go to service for towing addition, waiting for camera (hope it will be only with wiring, not need to another electronic controller), and hope it will be good car...
not sure, what all to do after buy...
I am going to change oil, have impregnation for winter.... How about timing chain? I have 186000 km traveled on gauges and by service control it correspond with reality...
Thanks

Top Bottom