I love my Sprinter, short post.

Happy

Not so much an adventure but... 2008 170"
Salt Lake City to San Jose and return, 800 miles 14 hours with a 30 minute nap each way.

It seems to me that the seat bottoms are a little short sometimes, other than that, it's a road tripping monster. First vehicle I've been so enthused with since I sold my old 914 to make bail money many years ago.

bladerunner

Not so much an adventure but... 2008 170"
Salt Lake City to San Jose and return, 800 miles 14 hours with a 30 minute nap each way.

It seems to me that the seat bottoms are a little short sometimes, other than that, it's a road tripping monster. First vehicle I've been so enthused with since I sold my old 914 to make bail money many years ago.

Hey you brought it up..................just curious.........is it a good camp fire story??:popcorn:

Happy

I only mention jail in that it took a lot to separate me from fanboy devotion to the last mechanical thing
I really liked and I never thought I'd find another :shhh::hugs:

It's actually not one of my better stories, well, other than the part where I was about to spend six months in jail, slumped down in the back row of a courthouse when the lawyer for the state that was trying to send me up the creek strolled into what he thought was an empty room 'cept for them two and started having a very colorful conversation with the judge. All of a sudden I was off the hook and Happy! :bounce:

sikwan

06 Tin Can
The trek between Salt Lake City and Wendover can be a snoozer. :snore:

DSCF1066.JPG

DSCF1070.JPG

Probably no different to the one from Wendover to Reno.

I couldn't do the 14hrs with a wife and kids in tow. :bow:

Happy

Oh no, I could only do this solo and solo I am, that last two year stint in the Bay Area broke my head and now I'm setup such that I can work and interact with no more than four people in person per week, counting a grocery store checkout girl. I haven't interacted with any person, in person, in three days now. It's good, for now.

This weekend is a 10 hr each way, just me and Dostoyevsky, run to Somewhere to pick up my guns that couldn't come in to CA with me. It's going to be a wonderful reunion, but, still I like the Sprinter as a mechanical thing even more.

It's nice out there past Wendover, there's a series of expansive bowl shaped valleys. It's really something, you can stop on the side of the interstate in the middle of one of those things and it's nothing but the sound of your feet and the wind in your ears and last weekend, snow blowing around under a 90% clear sky. Nobody can sneak up on me there, you can see everything for 10 miles. Nevada's where I wish I lived. Utah's going to have to work for now.

Last edited:

bladerunner

I only mention jail in that it took a lot to separate me from fanboy devotion to the last mechanical thing
I really liked and I never thought I'd find another :shhh::hugs:

It's actually not one of my better stories, well, other than the part where I was about to spend six months in jail, slumped down in the back row of a courthouse when the lawyer for the state that was trying to send me up the creek strolled into what he thought was an empty room 'cept for them two and started having a very colorful conversation with the judge. All of a sudden I was off the hook and Happy! :bounce:
Still curious.......................and the charge was?:popcorn:

bladerunner

Oh no, I could only do this solo and solo I am, that last two year stint in the Bay Area broke my head and now I'm setup such that I can work and interact with no more than four people in person per week, counting a grocery store checkout girl. I haven't interacted with any person, in person, in three days now. It's good, for now.

This weekend is a 10 hr each way, just me and Dostoyevsky, run to Somewhere to pick up my guns that couldn't come in to CA with me. It's going to be a wonderful reunion, but, still I like the Sprinter as a mechanical thing even more.

It's nice out there past Wendover, there's a series of expansive bowl shaped valleys. It's really something, you can stop on the side of the interstate in the middle of one of those things and it's nothing but the sound of your feet and the wind in your ears and last weekend, snow blowing around under a 90% clear sky. Nobody can sneak up on me there, you can see everything for 10 miles. Nevada's where I wish I lived. Utah's going to have to work for now.
Curious.........whats the fascination with Dostoyevsky?

Top Bottom