new engine, new transmission and new AWD announced.

r456

2024 AWD HR CREW VAN
There is no more guessing work! I think the new generation of Sprinter should be available in Fall 2022 in US. One more year to go, folks.

Flagster

Sounds great...looking forward to replacing our 2015 4x4 around 2025...the more modern awd system should be so much better for our applications.

There is no more guessing work! I think the new generation of Sprinter should be available in Fall 2022 in US. One more year to go, folks.

I don't believe this for usa. Just Europe

r456

2024 AWD HR CREW VAN
Yes, it is for EU market this month. I believe USA market will be 1 yr later. We should be able to get the new generation of Sprinter in US market in September, 2022. It is almost there!

I don't believe this for usa. Just Europe

Yes, it is for EU market this month. I believe USA market will be 1 yr later. We should be able to get the new generation of Sprinter in US market in September, 2022. It is almost there!
Let's hope for it. New om654 looks promising hopefully the EPA can quickly approve it!

Flagster

You hate diesel? DEF sucks. However DEF problem seems like a small probability.
Most of the antiDEFers are boomers who drive their early Bluetec motorhome chassis 3-5000 miles/yr from the rust belt (OH/PA/pick your poison) to FL once a year...then stuff it under a carport in one of those horrendous environments for any vehicle (moisture/salt/etc) and complain when they try to fire it up in the spring that it springs a code...

20,000 miles a year/long hwy miles in a hot and dry environment seems to beat the bluetec into submission...about to roll 100K in our 2015 and it has been flawless...

Last edited:

avanti

2022 Ford Transit 3500
Most of the antiDEFers are boomers who drive their early Bluetec motorhome chassis 3-5000 miles/yr from the rust belt (OH/PA/pick your poison) to FL once a year...then stuff it under a carport in one of those horrendous environments for any vehicle (moisture/salt/etc) and complain when they try to fire it up in the spring that it springs a code...
Well, there is no arguing with insightful reasoning backed by solid facts. :dripsarcasm::doh:

Last edited:

jme3505

2019 Gas Transit

20,000 miles a year/long hwy miles in a hot and dry environment seems to beat the bluetec into submission...about to roll 100K in our 2015 and it has been flawless...
I beg to differ.....I think it's the short trips that screw up the emissions systems. If I would have had a DPF status gage and if I knew about regen cycles I would probably still have my 2015 Sprinter instead of selling it a loss just to get rid of the diesel problems.

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
I beg to differ.....I think it's the short trips that screw up the emissions systems. If I would have had a DPF status gage and if I knew about regen cycles I would probably still have my 2015 Sprinter instead of selling it a loss just to get rid of the diesel problems.
Our Blutecs in sedans and SUV are driven on 10-miles routes most of the time.
Unless we go to CA, we fill up our sedan every 3 months. No issues with regenerations.
I used to drive with ScanGauge and monitor regeneration, but now I have extended warranty, so don't bother to swap SG between 3 vehicles.

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
Engine on the roads for 5 years called new?
Some of them logged over 1/2 milion km already.
They already have reported rocker arm as weak point.

mofo989

The new Speed Delivery Door is interesting. Maybe it would be a cool element of a RV conversion? Certainly makes more room for other things where the slide normally goes. Here's a video on how it works:

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
Notice that delivery door frame takes interior space.
Having 1 van, I bought another one as it come with rare bus-style door.
Having no sliding door opened the floor to new layouts, while the swing door also come with nice steps, who beat the older steps by a mile.
The only disadvantage is some noise, but I am planning to adjust it better.
s-l1600 (12).jpg

Top Bottom