When can I order a 2022?

zozo

Charging rate depends on how you wire the alternator to the battery system. A Victron Orion will deliver 30 amps. They to go from absolutely empty State of Charge (SOC), which you should not get to but for simple math's sake, will take 200 Ah / 30A = 6 2/3 hours. If you install 2 Orion in parallel you can cut that in half. Lots of schematics on the Victron website to show you how to do this.

You can also use a Cyrix device under the control of a Victron BMS to run the Bulk charging phase then let an Orion do the Absorbtion phase and then you'll be able to slam 100A or so at the Bulk charging. That will ramp the first 80% or so of the charging in 1.5 hours or so, then hand it over to Orion to finish it off at 30A as you can't slam 100A in until full, you need to let the LiFoPO4 batteries have proper charging phases.

The reality is with only 200Ah, you don't have all that much to put back in each day, so 1 or 2 Orion in parallel will likely do you just fine.
I have to discuss this with our outfitter as it is beyond my capabilities.... I wish they would offer more AMP on lithium battery option. thanks for taking the time to write. This gives me an idea about other solutions....

Last edited by a moderator:

BillyEv

I have to discuss this with our outfitter as it is beyond my capabilities.... I wish they would offer more AMP on lithium battery option. thanks for taking the time to write. This gives me an idea about other solutions....
HOLY OFF TOPIC BATMAN, this thread is about 2022 allocations

My preferred dealer in Michigan has no more 2022 allocations for 4x4 chassis. Sold out in less than a month. We are considering a 4x2 gasser as well and he indicates those will not be a problem for 2022 delivery. The search continues.

spaner

Florence - 144 AWD Cargo
Since y’all are talking new builds, we are building a 2022 right now and dealer is telling us 360 camera and trailer hitch are incompatible (meaning we can’t have both). Is this true?
I suspect its not the trailer hitch but if you also ordered the step - that's likely to interfere with the rear camera - DOG specifically spells that out

2021_3500_LowRoof

It means your lucky…mine seemed to sit for a bit before final approval and now I’m waiting for a month and half for my van to release to dealer after it’s been built.

Jeff37247

2021 Sprinter 3500 High Roof 170" WB RWD
Emissions approval and then a delay on 3500s Now I think there were missing parts. Now they are just waiting and building and completing other vans for some reason
I am in a similar situation to you. I placed a deposit on our high roof 3500 Sprinter in December 2020, received an allocation in May, built in August and the van has been sitting at the assembly plant ever since. I understand that there are parts missing that have to be added before it can be shipped, expected to occur sometime in November. I would never have guessed that it would take a year to receive our van when I handed over my deposit. It had been suggested to us that we could get the van by April, then it was June, September and now back to December, assuming it ships before mid November. While I am aggravated by how long it is taking, I don't think that there is anything that can be done to speed things along given the supply chain/shipping issues all auto makers are experiencing. Earlier this year I had jokingly told my wife the van would be a nice Christmas present. Now it is looking increasingly likely we won't get it before then. :mad: I hope that your comment about other vans being completed while ours sits waiting for parts being used on new builds is not accurate.

2021_3500_LowRoof

I am in a similar situation to you. I placed a deposit on our high roof 3500 Sprinter in December 2020, received an allocation in May, built in August and the van has been sitting at the assembly plant ever since. I understand that there are parts missing that have to be added before it can be shipped, expected to occur sometime in November. I would never have guessed that it would take a year to receive our van when I handed over my deposit. It had been suggested to us that we could get the van by April, then it was June, September and now back to December, assuming it ships before mid November. While I am aggravated by how long it is taking, I don't think that there is anything that can be done to speed things along given the supply chain/shipping issues all auto makers are experiencing. Earlier this year I had jokingly told my wife the van would be a nice Christmas present. Now it is looking increasingly likely we won't get it before then. :mad: I hope that your comment about other vans being completed while ours sits waiting for parts being used on new builds is not accurate.
Imported got his van built in September in October… we may have to start another thread to check on this and clear the slate without any guesses.
If all vans haven’t moved since august or September then so be it(I guess).
I will still debate on bailing out if my dealer thinks he can sell my van. If I didn’t have to tow some weightI would just say forget it and get a 2500 gasser crew or cargo. Whatever I can find.

Attachments

mtsarpilot

Did you put the C02 package on your van with the leather stearing wheel, Distronic, and Lane Keep Assist? If so, this is likely the critical item holding it back. They are still short on chips for some of this stuff. Another that could possibly be holding things up is C03 due to Navigation, or X13 due to the LED lighting. Do you have any of those on your build?

2021_3500_LowRoof

Did you put the C02 package on your van with the leather stearing wheel, Distronic, and Lane Keep Assist? If so, this is likely the critical item holding it back. They are still short on chips for some of this stuff. Another that could possibly be holding things up is C03 due to Navigation, or X13 due to the LED lighting. Do you have any of those on your build?
Yes I have CO2, and satellite radio but not NAV and LED

mtsarpilot

Yes I have CO2, and satellite radio but not NAV and LED
I'll place bets it is the C02 that is holding things up. I placed my 2021 order in August and was not even allowed to put C02 on the list due to chip shortage.

Our order theoretically has a November 20, 2021 build date. We'll see if that holds and how long it sits on the lot before heading our way.

2021_3500_LowRoof

I'll place bets it is the C02 that is holding things up. I placed my 2021 order in August and was not even allowed to put C02 on the list due to chip shortage.

Our order theoretically has a November 20, 2021 build date. We'll see if that holds and how long it sits on the lot before heading our way.
When they originally told us we couldn’t get certain options and said if you want here may be a delay, the dealer said it was all cleared up and there was parts for me even though it’s 360 and 7” in a 3500 van. I wouldn’t want the van without it. I plan to use as a camper tow vehicle, daily wheelchair van in the summer, and on longer trips so the standard radio and no parking package would not work for what we bought this in the first place.
the dealer said all systems go….but that doesn’t seem like the case.

Last edited:

Jeff37247

2021 Sprinter 3500 High Roof 170" WB RWD
Yes we put the CO2 option, but not the LED and Navigation.

SpiritedOak

2021 4x4 170HR
When they originally told us we couldn’t get certain options and said if you want here may be a delay, the dealer said it was all cleared up and there was parts for me even though it’s 360 and 7” in a 3500 van. I wouldn’t want the van without it. I plan to use as a camper tow vehicle, daily wheelchair van in the summer, and on longer trips so the standard radio and no parking package would not work for what we bought this in the first place.
the dealer said all systems go….but that doesn’t seem like the case.
The building/shipping is more messed up than anyone realizes, here is the saga of the two sprinters I ordered.

Van 1 had its build date moved up by a month(to July from Aug) but was missing parts (Hermes) and got held at VPC.

Van 2 was built in July as planned and delivered end of Aug, picked up first week of Sept.

I spoke to dealer about Van 1 a week ago and it was still stuck so I gave up my claim on it (they had a waiting list of people offering more than my contract so they didn't care). They vans were almost identical, yet one showed up and the other is stuck missing parts still even though it was built first. They were through different dealers but that shouldn't matter. I am just glad I hedged my bets and got one complete van relatively quickly, but the whole situation is bordering on the absurd. I feel for you, I have seen your post and know that you actually need this van and the lack of any clear info is infuriating.

r456

2024 AWD HR CREW VAN
The entire world screwed up. Each product may source many many parts from around the world.

For example, Boeing sources parts from tens of thousands partners around the world. I am curious how Boeing is able to make a single jet in this screwed up world.

Top Bottom