REGARDLESS OF OWNERSHIP MB now additional Warranty on 2010-2019 Exhaust Gas Turbo 11yrs/120k miles

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
120,000 miles limit, will rule most of the involved Sprinters out.
I wonder with all those AEM and recalls, howcome some of those MY reached 600,000 miles :bash:

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
The ones with diesel engines should go 100,000,000 miles. ?
? because they’re so trouble free?
Newsflash… car companies are out to make money, not burn it.

I have to lol when I see people claiming these are 500,000 to million mile engines in their Sprinter for sale ads. I‘m guessing that’s extremely rare, in large fleet maintained, and considerably higher repair incidence and cost as 500k miles in say… a toyota Pickup. I really do wish Toyota sold something like the sprinter, based on their trucks.
As long as it doesn’t look like the nissan van. And ps I’ve never owned a Toyota.

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
120,000 miles limit, will rule most of the involved Sprinters out.
I wonder with all those AEM and recalls, howcome some of those MY reached 600,000 miles :bash:
Is it better than what many had? Yes. I see a fair number of qualifying vans for sale with fewer miles than 120k.
The surprising part to me is the “regardless of ownership” which to me means you don’t have to be the original owner.

patchesj

Was there a change to the turbo in 2020? Or the warranty? Seems odd that they are covering up to 2019, but not the latest, unless there has been some correction to the design?

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
Was there a change to the turbo in 2020? Or the warranty? Seems odd that they are covering up to 2019, but not the latest, unless there has been some correction to the design?
Yeah they decided owners of Sprinters newer than 2019 have plenty o cash so no worries ?

Flagster

At our pace we will be at 120k in late 2022 on our 2015 van...it's been flawless and I attribute this to high miles, hot temps (climate and operating), and good oil...
All these add on warranties are great but I would rather never have to use them...

BFRY

? because they’re so trouble free?
Newsflash… car companies are out to make money, not burn it.

I have to lol when I see people claiming these are 500,000 to million mile engines in their Sprinter for sale ads. I‘m guessing that’s extremely rare, in large fleet maintained, and considerably higher repair incidence and cost as 500k miles in say… a toyota Pickup. I really do wish Toyota sold something like the sprinter, based on their trucks.
As long as it doesn’t look like the nissan van. And ps I’ve never owned a Toyota.
There is a Sprinter Tec in Chicago, driving with over 1 Million Miles.
I'll see if I can dig up his name?

lindenengineering

Yes and there are three women out of Florida transporting fidos al over the country.
Two of them have more than 1million miles on their Sprinters, all serviced by Independent shops & dealerships without serious problems .
They do of course keep up with their servicing schedules though using service apps; being pretty religiously about it, and budget for service/ repair tariffs within their charge out rates.
They don't DIY repair their vans !
Service & repairs are not their core business , dog boarding & transportation is!
Dennis

lawndart

I replaced my turbo at 55,000. due to casing leaking oil. The leak destroyed my alternator. Dealer would not help. I had a independent mechanic fix it. Are you saying I can recover my cost???? I have 106K on the van now

Ron_S

"Model year" 2019 would include the VS30, correct? Seems odd since the VS30 has a different engine that the NCV3 AFAIK. Just wondering since I have a motor home built on a 2019 chassis.

Boxster1971

2023 Sprinter 2500 144wb AWD
"Model year" 2019 would include the VS30, correct? Seems odd since the VS30 has a different engine that the NCV3 AFAIK. Just wondering since I have a motor home built on a 2019 chassis.
VS30 (907) Sprinters in USA have same diesel engines a earlier NCV3 (906) Sprinters, the OM642 V-6 and OM651 4-cylinder. Only 4-cylinder gas engine was introduced in USA with 2019MY Sprinters. The 2023 Sprinters in USA will get the newer OM654 4-cylinder diesel engines.

lindenengineering

Frankly I don't see any problems warranting a turbo for 100K PROVIDING it hasn't been abused by contingent damage which usually does it in.
The turbo for reference on later variants has an impeller machined from solid billet, the previous unit was a impeller formed by extrusion.
This must have cost a fortune into the billions to use 5 or 6 axis machine tools to mass produce this blade form in auto robotic manufacturing improvements.
Dennis

Starrag:-

Jackies Dog Grooming

2016 NCV3 144" 4 banger
Glad I saw this thread! Thank you OP. I have an exhaust leak at the DPF under the mesh band. I printed out the extended warranty posted and I'll hand to the service manager when I drop of my 2016 2.1 today. I hope they don't give me any trouble.

Top Bottom