Add a Cab Divider- best mod we ever made

LTV-MacGyver

It's a simple idea, but the benefits are surprising. Adding an insulated divider between the cab and the living area accomplishes many important things;

1) when driving, it eliminates most of the noise from the coach, making the cab MUCH quieter.
2) the reduced volume in the Cab means the air conditioner works GREAT up there, cooling much faster and better.
3) when in the living area it insulates you from all the heat/cold generated in the Cab from the windows. 10 degrees or more difference!
4) it provides more privacy, and blocks out ALL the light from the front in the morning when you are sleeping.

How did we do it?
We used a padded moving blanket from amazon, and some stainless steel snaps also from amazon. You could, of course, use a more aesthetic material, but this worked out fine. The blanket was exactly the right height. We cut it wider on the drivers side (see pic) so that it could be folded back on itself to create a passage between the cab and living area. Snaps were screwed into the facia on the living area side, which are hardly noticeable when the divider is removed. Couple of velcro patches (see pics) sewn into the blanket at the seam provide plenty of closure, and an easy way to pass through when needed.

I cannot recommend this mod strongly enough. It has made a huge difference in our comfort both when camping and when driving. And it was pretty easy!

Matt & Claudia
IMG_3765.jpeg

IMG_3766.jpeg

IMG_3767.jpeg

IMG_3769.jpeg

IMG_3771.jpeg

Toddw

2021 Unity TB. See my YouTube channel "LTVnIT"
I love it and have just ordered the same parts. We do some very cold weather camping in MN and this will help a lot I think. Less space to heat and cool also.

glasseye

Frito was an empty tin can. First thing I did was install a bulkhead, for all the reasons listed. So far, it's proven a wise investment..

Toddw

2021 Unity TB. See my YouTube channel "LTVnIT"
What a difference this makes for camping in Cold MN weather when heading south. Easy to do.

Top Bottom