Scan tool to reset SRS light on VS30?

WolfgangK

It would be perfect if there is finally an affordable diagnostic tool for the 907 Sprinters. I hope that this Foxwell device really works.

If you only need a tool to erase SRS errors there is a dongle available from Kufatec/Germany for less than 60$ (plus shipment):

BTW, they have other useful dongles, too.

Wolfgang / Stuttgart

Just wanted to report back on this. I followed the link above and ordered the Foxwell NT510 Elite for $149 and received an NT530 as promised about a week later. Although I specified the Mercedes version software, it did not appear to come preloaded with that software. I was, however, able to register an account using the Foxwell software and update the unit with the Mercedes/Sprinter software for no extra charge.

It's not the most intuitive user interface, (keeping in mind I've never used a scan tool before) but I was in fact able to clear the "Front Right/Left Malfunction" error on my 2019 2500 (gas) in about 5 minutes of poking around.

That's $150 well spent. Thanks for the great tip.

hdaniels

"I was, however, able to register an account using the Foxwell software and update the unit with the Mercedes/Sprinter software for no extra charge."

I was wondering how you updated the software? Do you need a PC computer to update? I don't own a PC so trying not to go down that rabbit hole.

Sorry for the delayed reply - we've been on the road. Pretty sure you need a computer to update the software. You have to create an account on their website, download software and use their app to write the new firmware to a microSD card, which you then install in the unit.

rickyray

So just as a quick update to this post. Got my Foxwell NT530 system today and you do need a PC to load and update the software. There is no Mac version of the software on their website. First use of the unit seemed to be o.k. It scanned my VIN, did a scan of the installed modules and reported some codes (most of which I believe are to an open door and a few other non critical issues). I will play with it for a few more days, but on the surface it looks like this unit will reliably read and reset VS30 codes. And as above...it certainly isn't the most intuitive unit, but does appear functional.

SpiritedOak

2021 4x4 170HR
So just as a quick update to this post. Got my Foxwell NT530 system today and you do need a PC to load and update the software. There is no Mac version of the software on their website. First use of the unit seemed to be o.k. It scanned my VIN, did a scan of the installed modules and reported some codes (most of which I believe are to an open door and a few other non critical issues). I will play with it for a few more days, but on the surface it looks like this unit will reliably read and reset VS30 codes. And as above...it certainly isn't the most intuitive unit, but does appear functional.
How long did it take to get yours? I ordered a few weeks ago and heard nothing from them and no response to email. Thanks

rickyray

Yep took about 10 days for me to get mine. I did notice on certain pages of the website it would say in stock, but other pages said out of stock.

SpiritedOak

2021 4x4 170HR
Yep took about 10 days for me to get mine. I did notice on certain pages of the website it would say in stock, but other pages said out of stock.
I never heard back from them about why it hadn't shipped but randomly received a refund from Foxwell today. Kinda bizarre experience actually, never got any assistance or update at all, just a refund. May look at one of the other options on this thread, doesn't bode well for future support if they won't respond to questions during the purchase.

I know now why the SRS airbag light and fault message shows up for my drivers seat on my 2020 Sprinter. I had removed the drivers seat and 2 connectors to work on the wiring underneath, then started the engine a few times before re-connecting these 2 connectors.

I called my MBenz dealer and they said that a SRS calibration must be performed for $250, you cannot just clear the codes. I'd like to know from a trained tech if this is true? I've never seen it mentioned here that it should be calibrated?

Happy29

2020 2500 OM642 4x2 170HR
I know now why the SRS airbag light and fault message shows up for my drivers seat on my 2020 Sprinter. I had removed the drivers seat and 2 connectors to work on the wiring underneath, then started the engine a few times before re-connecting these 2 connectors.

I called my MBenz dealer and they said that a SRS calibration must be performed for $250, you cannot just clear the codes. I'd like to know from a trained tech if this is true? I've never seen it mentioned here that it should be calibrated?
Not a trained tech but I've used Xentry to clear SRS codes each time I've removed the seat and needed to turn on the ignition. No issues. I don't see any calibration message or option in Xentry. It could be there but it's not prompted or complained when I've clear the code.

The Benz service manager agreed that the drivers seat SRS airbag light occurring when removing the seat connectors, does not have any calibration. The passenger side may however involve calibration of some sort.

elemental

Wherever you go, there you are.
The Benz service manager agreed that the drivers seat SRS airbag light occurring when removing the seat connectors, does not have any calibration. The passenger side may however involve calibration of some sort.
Perhaps they were using "perform calibration" as a shorthand for them performing some action... It is my understanding that the dealer should, in the case of an SRS code, thoroughly evaluate the SRS system to ensure there are no existing faults before they clear the code. For this evaluation it would make sense for them to charge $$. If they don't really evaluate anything, and just clear the code, then they should charge correspondingly less in my opinion.

vpepiton

For $250 you can buy one of the scan tools that will clear the codes if you KNOW why they were generated. If I pulled the seat and did not follow the correct procedure and it threw a code. Then I would be comfortable clearing it myself with one of those tools.

konabrian

Perhaps they were using "perform calibration" as a shorthand for them performing some action... It is my understanding that the dealer should, in the case of an SRS code, thoroughly evaluate the SRS system to ensure there are no existing faults before they clear the code. For this evaluation it would make sense for them to charge $$. If they don't really evaluate anything, and just clear the code, then they should charge correspondingly less in my opinion.
Yes, "perform calibration" must be shop speak for coffee break or flirt with the front desk chick.

Shindermaca

Hello everyone. New member here. I've got a 2023 Sprinter and completed the swivel seat install before checking any of these forums, and I neglected to disconnect the battery when installing. I've done some searching on this site and see several options for diagnostics and code clearing, including scanner units (just ordered the Foxwell NT510) and laptop-based software programs (Xentry). I'm confused about the latter option and could use a little clarification. It seems like a program I can access via my laptop and then use to read/reset codes through a WIS device, which may have changed as of Jan 2023. Is this a viable option for diagnostics/resetting? Thanks for your patience.

Matt

Top Bottom