Renogy doesn’t appear to be shipping lithium batteries

Carminooch615

I purchased a 100ah lithium battery from renogy June 1st. It still hasn’t shipped and after countless calls to their call center and waiting on hold for at least 1 hour each time, I was finally told that renogy moved factories. They have a plant in bayville Texas now. Apparently, they don’t have a certification to ship out lithium batteries fedex ground.

Someone really dropped the ball. No eta, no “heads up, valued customer-“ email sent, nothing. Just…a dead tracking number, saying my battery has shipped June 5th.

Turns out they can’t ship lithium batteries. A full month after placing my order, zero ETA on arrival and even less info as to when they might be able to ship batteries.

Hope this sheds light on anyone in my position. Anyone else having a similar experience with renogy?

wanderingkiwi

2006 118” SHC
I ordered a solar panel in June 22nd and it still hasn’t shipped. Called, same answer, moved warehouse etc etc.

They’re having some serious fulfillment issues at the moment

Carminooch615

My battery has been sitting at fedex until they can re-certify to ship batteries again, since June 4th. I was told not to expect my battery until tentatively august. It’s 10-15 days fedex ground to ship to where I am after the battery is released. I don’t see this being resolved anytime soon.

I wonder why yours hasn’t shipped, I doubt any special precautions need to be taken to ship panels. Batteries, I get. Even still, it’s pretty inexcusable for a large company.

I’m really having second thoughts about going with renogy for a LiFePo

wanderingkiwi

2006 118” SHC
I wonder why yours hasn’t shipped, I doubt any special precautions need to be taken to ship panels. Batteries, I get. Even still, it’s pretty inexcusable for a large company.

I’m really having second thoughts about going with renogy for a LiFePo
They’ve moved warehouses for some of their products which has disrupted the panels and batteries for sure.

I’ve since ordered a DC2DC/solar controller from them which shipped out ok.

If i were you i’d cancel the LiFePo battery order and get it from another vendor.

seekingexp

I purchased a 100ah lithium battery from renogy June 1st. It still hasn’t shipped and after countless calls to their call center and waiting on hold for at least 1 hour each time, I was finally told that renogy moved factories. They have a plant in bayville Texas now. Apparently, they don’t have a certification to ship out lithium batteries fedex ground.

Someone really dropped the ball. No eta, no “heads up, valued customer-“ email sent, nothing. Just…a dead tracking number, saying my battery has shipped June 5th.

Turns out they can’t ship lithium batteries. A full month after placing my order, zero ETA on arrival and even less info as to when they might be able to ship batteries.

Hope this sheds light on anyone in my position. Anyone else having a similar experience with renogy?
Been fighting with them to send me a replacement for a dead LiPo battery I bought since last February. Still no luck. Three different times I have been told it will be sent out. Going to file papers in small claims court. I want a refund on all the batteries I bought. I have no confidence they will honour their warranty

Carminooch615

I may wind up doing that, I’ve waited this long and if it’s another 2 weeks I’m walking. Canceling my order and going with a battle born unit. It’s a shame they have so many issues because I like the “one stop shop” type of products they make and sell. Too bad they’re not more on top of things

seekingexp

I may wind up doing that, I’ve waited this long and if it’s another 2 weeks I’m walking. Canceling my order and going with a battle born unit. It’s a shame they have so many issues because I like the “one stop shop” type of products they make and sell. Too bad they’re not more on top of things
It really is too bad they have fallen down so much on the customer support issue. I am pretty happy with the 7 other batteries I bought. For the value at the time of purchase it seems like a great deal but it's a big gamble because complicated things break down and then it's not such a good deal.

Nubes

Ordered a battery and panel from them two weeks ago . Never received email confirmation and items never shipped. Finally got through to customer service and canceled everything. They are having major issues

Carminooch615

Ordered a battery and panel from them two weeks ago . Never received email confirmation and items never shipped. Finally got through to customer service and canceled everything. They are having major issues
I just got off the phone with their call center again. No idea when lithium certification will be renewed, no eta on the package’s arrival, nothing. Just…dead in the water.
Again, no email from them saying “hey we’re experiencing major issues with shipping”. I think this is really really crappy. This battery is holding up my entire project, everything I have else in the van is all renogy so I have no idea what going with a competitors battery will do to the rest of the setup.

wanderingkiwi

2006 118” SHC
So my DCC50S controller just arrived which i ordered weeks after my solar panels which are still stuck at renogy’s warehouse.

Interestingly my controller shipment was co addressed to me along with a complete strangers name. The address and the contents were correct.

There’s something really messed up with Renogy’s fulfillment process right now :/

Solera2012

Oh Renogy looks like your having customer relations problems. Better step to the plate soon, seems the natives are getting restless, and might jump ship to competitors.

Carminooch615

Oh Renogy looks like your having customer relations problems. Better step to the plate soon, seems the natives are getting restless, and might jump ship to competitors.
I mean, at the very least maybe a little heads up. An email, anything. I had to wait an hour and a half on hold 4 different days to finally find out they don’t have certification to ship batteries from their new warehouse.

“Dear valued customer, as a battery company without the necessary certifications to ship batteries, your shipment may be a month and a half late. We have no idea when this will be rectified. Thank you for your expensive purchase!”

Carminooch615

Update: I sat on hold for 1 hour 20 minutes today to see if renogy has regained the ability to ship products fedex. Spoiler, they haven’t. And they have no clue when they will be able to again. But..they won’t tell you that, unless you have an hour and a half to burn on hold. No email “hey valued customer, we’re experiencing massive logistics issues causing delays-“

Ordered June 1st. Today is July 15th. Dead tracking number, zero eta on arrival, the offshore company contracted to handle customer concerns and tech support has no idea when renogy will be able to ship products again. It is impossible to speak over the phone directly to renogy, only a company in Asia they use to handle their phone system.

I got fed up and just ordered two battle born batteries and will be selling my entire renogy setup after this and going with victron. It really rubs me the wrong way that they haven’t reached out to their customers, and they are scrubbing negative comments on their social media inquiring about shipping delays.

To sum it up: if you ordered from renogy, do not expect to receive it for a long time. If you are considering ordering from them, consider offshore tech support and customer service with routine hold times of over an hour. Also, if you do order, do not expect your product to arrive soon, don’t expect a working tracking number, or an explanation from them outlining that they are having major issues. You’re also out of luck if you’d like an estimate when your product will arrive.

If they magically regain the ability to ship today, and magically work thru the immense month and a half + backlog of orders sitting in their warehouse, it’s an estimated 10-15 days fedex ground to me. So the best possible case scenario is an ETA of august 1st. 2 months delayed with no explanation or outreach from renogy. Oof..

They also boast an A+ Better Business Bureau rating when they..do not have an A+ rating on BBB’s website. Sketchy

wanderingkiwi

2006 118” SHC
As of today random cable / connector shipments from renogy are turning up at my place with my name on them.

I haven’t ordered them, nor have they charged me for them.

1 month later still waiting on my solar panel, still not shipped. No responses from emails, calls and multiple service tickets lodged.

Renogy is seriously messed up. Do NOT order anything from them right now.

Carminooch615

I called and got an update on my lithium battery. They claim they do have the certification to ship batteries yet I was told not to expect it before September. 4 months from my purchase. I don’t think they have their certifications.

I will wait for the battery and just resell it, since I bought 2 battle born units. I don’t think I’ll ever do business with them after this

Ron_S

Cancel the credit card charge; you shouldn't have to take the loss.
Yes. Unless you paid with cash or check, you certainly have recourse. But don't wait too long. The time period to contest a charge is only a few months. I'm not an expert in this but I believe you don't get as good protection with bank debit cards. In this case check with the bank.

IIRC, with paypal you can contest if the item hasn't shipped in 1 month and I think you've got 90 days to file. Probably similar with bank cards.

Note: by contesting the charge, you don't have to wait for the seller to refund your money. The banks and CC clearing companies have much more leverage with vendors since they can withhold funds immediately.

Carminooch615

Cancel the credit card charge; you shouldn't have to take the loss.
I call them once a week and bring the price down lower and lower so at the price I’m looking at, I’m going to wait until it gets delivered..someday. From what I can read, battle born and renogy use different a BMS and can’t be used together so I’ll probably sell it closed box to fund a 3rd battle born 100ah lithium. Or a Victron MPPT charge controller, since the current one I have is the renogy PEM adventurer 30amp

I feel super uneasy using renogy products on expensive batteries, their abysmal customer service and logistics make me doubt their products quality and being a first-timer with a van solar setup, I don’t want to take any chances

Ron_S

With the Renogy reputation you're generating with these posts, who's going to buy them? Seriously, cut your loss by canceling. If they give you trouble, call the CC and contest the charge. Reputable vendors don't charge the card until it ships. Unfortunately many conflate the term "shipped" with the act of creating a shipping label. I went around&around with Sterling (USA site) about that. I inquired about my order of the DC-DC charger's optional remote controI which was supposed to be "in stock". After a week, no indication it was shipped. finally got a shipping notice saying it was "partially shipped". I asked how one item could be "partially shipped". Seems there were no employees available due to the pandemic so my box sat for weeks. I finally got it after a month.

Top Bottom