Sprinter source password compromised

psalm66

For S-S Admin.: I have a utility that monitors Internet hacks of my passwords. Today I was notified that sprinter-source has been hacked. You might want to check if you have a systemic issue.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
I have a similar utility, and it doesn't list my sprinter-source password as being compromised
(it's a built-in feature of the Chrome browser)

--dick
p.s. it thinks it's relatively weak, but not compromised

autostaretx

Erratic Member
For S-S Admin.: I have a utility that monitors Internet hacks of my passwords. Today I was notified that sprinter-source has been hacked. You might want to check if you have a systemic issue.
Orion has cross-posted your note to the "Comments, Suggestions and Problems about the Forum" sub-forum

--dick

psalm66

I reset my password, the reset did not “take”, I reset it just now a second time and that is now working.

On a current generation iPad running iPadOS, there is a system setting (cannot locate it at the moment) which analyzes known, published, hacked databases that are now in the published/public realm. My system alerted me that my sign-in credentials on sprinter-source.com (username, password) had been part of a hacked data set. So, I changed my password.

It is possible that all the Sprinter-source.com forum participants have compromised credentials… so I posted here.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
And, as described above, Chrome (i.e. google) assures me that my sprinter-source account hasn't been hacked.
BUT the iPad will obviously be using an Apple-selected list of known compromises, and it may well have entries that the Google set doesn't know about ... but usually such lists are cross-pollinated.

sikwan? as admin, you could use the https://haveibeenpwned.com/DomainSearch as a cross-check

--dick

Fletch9871

Morning Everyone...

Just FYI...I use a unique password for every site I access for both work and personal. I double checked the monitoring services I'm subscribed to. Neither alerted to the password for sprinter-source.com being compromised.

Depending on the service generating the app, the alerts can be a little confusing. Example: You use the same password for multiple sites. The password shows up as being posted on the darkweb, every site which used that password will show up as an alert. It doesn't mean the account on sprinter-source.com has been accessed. It simply means the password you used is for sale and most likely being used by hackers. All that being said, the hacking value of sprinter-source.com is fairly low other than for the LOLZ ie; there's no money to be made.

I work in the IT field and have access to several enterprise level monitoring systems. Hope this helps.

Keep Rolling...Chris

Last edited:

Top Bottom