2008 dodge sprinter

1. D

How do I replace the starter on a 2008 2500 w diesel engine?

When I turn the key, there is one click. In trying 10 times, it started twice and just clicked once the other 8 times. The battery is at 12.9 volts and the load test was good. The wires on the solenoid are clean and tight. My diagnosis is a bad starter. I have had the same issue with other cars...
  2. A

2008 Dodge Sprinter Battery

I'm considering picking up a new starter battery for a 3.0L 2008 2500 Dodge Sprinter. The battery is 6 years old and having issues starting sometimes. Especially now that it's winter, on the cold days it doesn't wan't to turn over. Any suggestions on a good but affordable battery? Thanks
  3. F

Jammed Rear Door Locking Mech.

Hey community! I've got a 2008 Dodge Sprinter 2500, and about a month ago my rear door stopped opening... right after it happened I was somehow able to get it open and removed the latch on the drivers side (DS) rear door so that I could still get a proper "close" and had to jerry-rig a way to...
  4. B

2008 sprinter surging, then bogging with p0299 at random

Hey everyone, you were all great help last time and I seem to need some help on this one.:cheers: As the title says, I have a 2008 dodge sprinter van 3500 3L 280,000 miles. When accelerating the power surges, then boggs down. I can still get to 75+ mph no problem, but this surge issue is still...
  5. R

2008 Sprinter headlight issue

Hello All: I’m the new owner of a 2008 Dodge Sprinter. It’s partially built out. My bride and I are going to use as is for the summer and then tweak to our needs. However, the headlights seem to be terribly dim. There is a bit of an issue with the plexiglass covers — whatever they are called...
  6. I

2008 Sprinter 3.0 Vacuum pump

Hello I have a question, I found that engine oil is dripping from front plate of vacuum pump. I removed front cover plate and there was a lot of oil and was wondering if any oil should to be there because eventually can go to brake booster through the hose. I did not find any oil seal to fix it...
  7. I

Looking for an intake hose

Hey everyone! So, I bought my van without the front intake hose (the hose that attaches the intake to the grill). It's been running well without it, but it's not getting as much power as it should. I haven't been able to find anything online. All that comes up in the searches are round hoses...
  8. I

Rear door ladder install

Hi everyone! So I’m finally getting to installing my Vantech ladder on the rear left door. Unfortunately, no matter what I do with the mounts, one is always too short. I’m wondering if I should just go right ahead and drill holes into the van and hope that the ladder bends, so the feet mount...
  9. L

Converted Camper 2008 Sprinter Van For Sale

Conversion Camper Van, 2008 Dodge Sprinter 2500 RWD 5-Speed Automatic 3.0L V6 Turbodiesel Arctic White. $29,500 OBO Click the link below to see photos of van. https://smileysproject.smugmug.com/Van/ Contact Janelle at 970-596-8690 or email janellesmiley@gmail.com The van is currently in...
  10. I

Considering buying a 2008 2500 170. Needs Swirl Valve Service

Hi everyone! New here and considering buying a 2008 2500 170 for a conversion. It only has 108,000 miles and some rust. The main issue is that it needs swirl valve service. I'm not sure what that means, but from what I've read it looks like I'll need to replace the intake manifold. I'd be...
  11. D

Using computer manual from Dodge 2008

When we bought our 2008 Campmobile NCV3 2500, we bought a computer disc Manual from the Dodge dealer. It went unused for many years and now I am trying to get it to open. I am running Windows 10 with both Internet Explorer and Chrome. As far as I can get is seen in this screenshot: Does it need...
  12. C

2008 Sprinter - Shifting hard when cold

I am new to Sprinter vans. I recently purchased a 2008 2500 with 160K miles on it. Unfortunately, I do not have any of the maintenance records. It was serviced by a Mercedes dealer before I purchased it. They replaced the battery cables and the fuel pump/filter. Mechanically, everything seems...
  13. R

2008 Dodge Sprinter 2500 3.0 Mercedes turbo diesel loss of power issue

I thought I might contribute to this forum in hopes that my experience would help someone else. I had problems with the turbo and loss of power. Seems the turbo would kick out and I would have trouble keeping speed going up hills. I think it's commonly known as "limp mode?" It also wouldn't...
  14. BucketList

Dodge 2008 Mercedes Sprinter Roadtrek Grille Conversion?

Hi Guys and Gals, I can't seem to find a way to do this. I went to a dealer in Calgary (Canada) and they ordered grille and back door badge BUT they were the wrong parts! So much for a wasted day. Then they say "anyway we don't do 'after market' installs. Never go to Lone Star Mercedes in...
  15. T

Mystery Part???

I'm hoping someone can identify this plastic part (see pictures) which is about 1-3/4 x 1 inch. Vehicle: 2010 ERA 170X on 2008 Dodge Sprinter 2500 chassis Story: After having cracked windshield replaced in my driveway, I found this on the ground under the engine about 8 inches from the front...

Top Bottom