1. sarl_cagan

Wanted: 2004-2006 Sprinter Van (Dodge/Mercedes/Freightliner) - $15,000

Hello sprinter folk! A shot in the dark here... but here goes! I'm looking to purchase a 2004-2006 T1N Sprinter cargo van. I'm located in Portland, Oregon but willing to travel a bit if things look promising. If you have a van you'd like to sell, or know of someone with one, feel free to...
  2. D

HELP : Black smoke under 2000RPM but fine at higher RPM

Hi guys, 
 First time posting here. I recently purchased a Sprinter 2500 2004 (T1N) with a "broken turbo". The previous owner has replaced some parts to try to fix the turbo but with no success. After analyzing, I've found that the turbo actuator was not moving at all. The previous owner...
  3. Project.amber

Ex-Ambulance Instrument Cluster Issue

Hey all, I've had a dig through the forum as well as wiring diagrams to sort this issue but I'm afraid I just can't get to the bottom of it. So it would appear I have lost a permanent live (correct me if I'm wrong) to the IC that allows it to stay on, keep the clock in time and most importantly...
  4. S

New Radiator Replacement 2004 158” T1N Questions

Thanks to everyone for helping sprinters owners to take on jobs like these. I am so grateful for the knowledge that is shared on this forum. Radiator Replacement: Everything was going according to plan. (thx Vic, billintomahawk, Autophysn, and others) until I tried mounting the bracket for the...
  5. L

04-06 144/170 (not ext.) hi roof 2500 in CA/NC

Hi everyone, I've been lurking the forums and internet scouting daily for the last few months, and figured I'd put an ad up for what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a low miles (for the year), clean, ideally rust-free, sprinter shell. Can be located anywhere in California or North Carolina...
  6. N

Options for vent/fan in T1N EB with Heavy Duty Roof A/C

Hi guys, My fiance and I just bought a 2004 Sprinter T1N EB, high roof, originally a passenger van with a separate Heavy Duty A/C unit that covers most of ceiling. The unit was add-on in 2004, stated on new purchase tag (~$3000) and runs great when engine running. Problem is no cooling when...
  7. R

In search of Structural drawings for Sprinter extended

Hi all, ... a newby here hoping for some info. i have purchased a Sprinter extended 2004 which has already been partially converted in that it has an inner lining and is carpeted throughout. I need to do more conversions but am in need of structural support drawing and dimensions to ensure all...
  8. C

Sprinter project: reviving the dead

I bought a used 2004 T1N 140" SHC for $1,000.  Roll-em-down-yourself windows and lock-em-yourself doors.  It was not running.  Has ~250,000 miles.  Turn key, dash lights up, radiator fan comes on.  No noise from starter.  I put a brand new battery in it.  Someone has removed the muffler and...
  9. A

Trouble removing harmonic balancer key...

I have a 2004 Dodge Sprinter Passenger van. I am replacing the harmonic balancer and I am having trouble removing the key. I assumed when purchasing the parts that I needed to replace the key along with the bolt and the pulley, since I have read that keys have been a common failure...
  10. 1

Mounting L-Tracks to walls, over liner, below windows in '04 144'' High Roof

Mounting L-Tracks to walls, over liner, below windows in '04 144'' High Roof I have a 144'' high roof passenger van. I have two L-tracks on the floor. What I want to do is add L-tracks underneath the windows, on top of the liner, and possibly the ceilings as well. I found a couple helpful...
  11. S

Newbie Here-- Some basic questions!

Hi all, New to the forum and have just been introduced to the world of Sprinters. Thinking of taking an extended, slow road trip this spring (Jan-June) around 10k miles. I've always been interested in well designed, small spaces and I have my mind's eye firmly set on doing this in a Sprinter...
  12. A

Help! 2004 Won't Start

I have been having an ongoing issue with a 2004 2500. Every once in a while the van won't start like the battery is dead. We have installed a new battery and alternator to no avail. The kicker is that the van will start every so often and keep starting for days on end. But there will be...
  13. C

start error or starter?

So After months and months of lusting over Sprinter, browsing multiple forums, and scouring Craigslist for the perfect Sprinter I finally bought one. An 04' High Top Passenger in immaculate condition. I purchased it yesterday around 5pm and drove it to the beach with my surfboard in back...

Top Bottom