NEED: Piston Cooling Oil Jet / Squirter (OM642)

RUMOURS

Contact Info
PM
Price
50?
Found and joined this forum in a desperate search for an oil jet for an OM642. I noticed one failed on a rebuild I am completing and can't seem to find one anywhere (because why would Mercedes sell it individually instead as a component with the block). I doubt they are rebuildable/serviceable and having a very difficult time finding one. Does anyone have/know of anyone tearing one down and willing to send them, or has anyone rebuilt them? Looks like a great forum with a lot of good people, glad I found it!

RUMOURS

nctrailseeker

I may have one. Let me do some research. I'm tearing down a couple 612 engines, and will be doing a couple 642 next.
Crazy for me to say this, as I'm 75% sure I know what part you're referring to, but if you're able to send me a picture, I'll be more like 100%

Where are you located? YOUR SIGNATURE DOESN'T SAY

Last edited:

RUMOURS

I may have one. Let me do some research. I'm tearing down a couple 612 engines, and will be doing a couple 642 next.
Crazy for me to say this, as I'm 75% sure I know what part you're referring to, but if you're able to send me a picture, I'll be more like 100%

Where are you located? YOUR SIGNATURE DOESN'T SAY
Awesome, I appreciate it! I'm out of Indianapolis, Indiana. I'll look into getting my signature updated when I'm on the pc. Attached is the part I'm looking for. Thanks!

RUMOURS

RMRS_20210108_182951.jpg

RMRS_20210108_182928.jpg

nctrailseeker

I would probably reach out to Dennis for one. I’m not really sure how soon I will get this engine torn down to remove that for you. Also, could you give me information on who rebuilt your engine? The two that I have are honestly probably worth rebuilding. They had low miles when pulled

RUMOURS

I
I would probably reach out to Dennis for one. I’m not really sure how soon I will get this engine torn down to remove that for you. Also, could you give me information on who rebuilt your engine? The two that I have are honestly probably worth rebuilding. They had low miles when pulled
I'm actually doing assembling, measuring tolerance and all that. I had the shop turn the crank and line hone, check it all out and go through the heads. It's an old school place on the south side of Indy. They're slow, but do good work. Most of the "non-race team" shops sub out crank work to them. I was told they're the only shop in the Indianapolis area that had a line hone. (Probably not true, but who knows)

Quinlin Automotive
5565 Madison Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46227

They're the kind of place you have to have thick skin to work with.

RUMOURS

Dennis,

Called yesterday near end of the day around 430pm Mountain (work keeps me busy through the day starting at 0600 Eastern) while you were on a test drive. Looks like you guys are closed today. If you're available you can call me at 317-250-0187 or I can call again on Monday. Thanks!

RUMOURS

sprinter.motors

SPRINTERTECH
Dennis,

Called yesterday near end of the day around 430pm Mountain (work keeps me busy through the day starting at 0600 Eastern) while you were on a test drive. Looks like you guys are closed today. If you're available you can call me at 317-250-0187 or I can call again on Monday. Thanks!

RUMOURS
I have many. Call me 360.499.6070

Top Bottom