What did you do to your Sprinter today.

Colorado_Al

I used self drill metal screws (about 20 of them) to secure it to the wall. It hangs from 3 eye bolts, 2 of which are inserted in rivnuts into the cross beams, and one which is a wood screw into a wood beam that I made at the rear. I've since removed it as none of us fit in it anymore. If you're close by, you can have it

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
I used self drill metal screws (about 20 of them) to secure it to the wall. It hangs from 3 eye bolts, 2 of which are inserted in rivnuts into the cross beams, and one which is a wood screw into a wood beam that I made at the rear. I've since removed it as none of us fit in it anymore. If you're close by, you can have it
Thanks, ??
I’m in So CA.

Sprinterair

Mod my bracket for an additional Hella driving headlights due to poor OEM headlight beam , I did mount them as closer as to main headlight rather than off road style . Unfortunately Hella light shipping came with one damaged .
Hella bracket 1.jpgBroken Hella.jpg

Kim_Marcus

Kim Possible 2004 2500 SR
I called my Sprinter mechanic and made a date for towing tomorrow. Just got it a week ago after waiting for months. Seems to be a freakish battery drain issue.. I also discussed a conversion, but was told 40K minimum. Too much for me. So then I looked at EVA floors. You know the puzzle piece floors for temp solution. Also, want to get a professional cleaning/detailing.

waverider

VS30 4x4 (Santa Cruz)
Out of paranoia "in case of a pluming leak" I wanted to make sure my shurflo pump didn't stay powered 24/7. I also wanted to be able to turn it "on" from both the back shower and front sink. Lastly, I wanted to make sure someone, including myself, didn't forget to turn it off. Solution, I found inexpensive relay timer modules which can be controlled by grounding a pin. I wired-or'd two push button switches to start/stop the timer with the relay connecting power to both the pump itself and the LED in the switches. When the button is pressed, the timer engergizes the pump and lights the LED. After 5-minutes, it turns itself off. Total cost under $30.

Timer Module
LED Push Button Switch
Project Box

IMG_0606.JPG

IMG_0607.JPG

Sprinterair

Out of paranoia "in case of a pluming leak" I wanted to make sure my shurflo pump didn't stay powered 24/7. I also wanted to be able to turn it "on" from both the back shower and front sink. Lastly, I wanted to make sure someone, including myself, didn't forget to turn it off. Solution, I found inexpensive relay timer modules which can be controlled by grounding a pin. I wired-or'd two push button switches to start/stop the timer with the relay connecting power to both the pump itself and the LED in the switches. When the button is pressed, the timer energizes the pump and lights the LED. After 5-minutes, it turns itself off. Total cost under $30.

Timer Module
LED Push Button Switch
Project Box

View attachment 167316

View attachment 167317
Pretty good plumbing job my friend , Shurflo will be very quiet if you throw in a small pressurizing tank next to it .

ECU

2006 T1n 118 Sprinter
I finally got the wheels and tires put on. I purchased these used in 2015. I had scuffing and scrapes removed by sandblasting. Purchased $100 of lug bolts.
The tires are LT235/75R15. I can tell an improvement in handling.
You may not notice it, but I pressure washed the rig too..
20210115_153559.jpg20210115_153607.jpg

ECU

2006 T1n 118 Sprinter
after most of a decade, I needed a freshen up inside. The old system of bins was designed to allow for a full 4 foot wide pallet inside. Shelves were 12" or less deep.
20200416_181557.jpg
I started by sorting through and realizing I had lots of useless things I've been carrying around. I put the back seat in storage since the kid is now over 21. So I got myself a Christmas gift. Milwaukee has stackable "Pack-Out" tool boxes. I was thinking that these tool boxes could really be useful for someone's RV. I managed to get everything I need in much less space. Here's the new picture.
20210115_150227.jpg
20210115_150314.jpg

Last edited:

flman

after most of a decade, I needed a freshen up inside. The old system of bins was designed to allow for a full 4 foot wide pallet inside. Shelves were 12" or less deep.
View attachment 167581
I started by sorting through and realizing I had lots of useless things I've been carrying around. I put the back seat in storage since the kid is now over 21. So I got myself a Christmas gift. Milwaukee has stackable "Pack-Out" tool boxes. I was thinking that these tool boxes could really be useful for someone's RV. I managed to get everything I need in much less space. Here's the new picture.
View attachment 167582
View attachment 167583
So much weight on one side, or are those boxes light?

Built.Vans

2024 170 AWD
@waverider can you tell me where you go the water valve and the QD hose hook up? I have been looking for components before starting my water system and would like the same set up out the back doors.

waverider

VS30 4x4 (Santa Cruz)
@waverider can you tell me where you go the water valve and the QD hose hook up? I have been looking for components before starting my water system and would like the same set up out the back doors.
I think I stole the idea for both from @gltrimble

The mixer valve is this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TIAJ0YA
The quick disconnect fittings are these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003LY7VD6 and the matching https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003LY9X1O - Make sure you get the one's with the valve in them. I originally bought the quick disconnects without the valve and realized they drip after disconnecting the shower hose.

ECU

2006 T1n 118 Sprinter
So much weight on one side, or are those boxes light?
Probably only a couple hundred pounds, total. I have it set up so I can move things to different locations. I can also stack them six feet high. But then I'd need some upper strapping to deal with that. But for working in the van, moving things around and higher stacks is useful.

SprinterShuttle

Finally got most of the red fluid out of my NAG2 (blue fluid only) transmission! The shop that serviced it previously, I guess, wasn't qualified for the job. :cautious:

Top Bottom